XenForo wont load on my site

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
GrimPlaysHD
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

XenForo wont load on my site

Post by GrimPlaysHD »

When I go to install Xenforo to my webhost it doesn't want to run the autoinstaller and instead gives me the following error code when I open my site.

Code: Select all

Warning: require(/usr/www/projectalpha/public/xforo/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/projectalpha/public/xforo/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/usr/www/projectalpha/public/xforo/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /usr/www/projectalpha/public/xforo/index.php on line 6
I've tried re-installing the files to my host and i've tried using a different database to install to and still no luck, anyone have any ideas?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: XenForo wont load on my site

Post by TacTicToe »

Odd. I had no issues installing Xenforo and getting it to run. What version are you using? Did you verify the file and directory it is looking for is actually there? What did you use to upload Xenforo to your FTP? Permissions are set correctly? What is the link to your website?
GrimPlaysHD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GrimPlaysHD »

TacTicToe wrote:Odd. I had no issues installing Xenforo and getting it to run. What version are you using? Did you verify the file and directory it is looking for is actually there? What did you use to upload Xenforo to your FTP? Permissions are set correctly? What is the link to your website?
I use FileZilla and the version for my forums is 1.4.4, I checked the files and they are there and I CHMOD the right directories that it told me to in the installation help.

My website link is http://projectalpha.site.nfoservers.com/xforo/
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Odd. Something definitely looks fubar there. You might want to go to the site and download 1.4.5 and try it. Not sure that will fix it, but it cant hurt and you will need to update anyways.

I am assuming this is a legit and legal version and not a nulled version? I have seen people have issues with those in the past, as they usually have back doors in them.
GrimPlaysHD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GrimPlaysHD »

I'll just try using a different software and see how that goes, thanks for the help though.
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

Post by QuickQAnonymous »

Before I say anything else, let me say that I've no idea what XenFora is. However, I do know that the PHP function require and require_once basically tell the script to sort of embed the file into the script that called it, and if it can't find the file, the script will give a error and quit. So I would go try to find the file it mentioned. By the way, you put automatically put in /usr/www/identifier, so leave that part off when you log in. Hope this helps!
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

EDIT: Navigating to the file gave 403 (Forbidden) error. Still make sure the file is in the location the script looked for it in
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

Going slightly off-topic, if you don't want to fight the hassle, you could try phpBB. It's free and open-source, these forums are phpBB, and NFO has a quick, hassle-free autoinstaller for it. But I don't care. Do whatever you want, seeing as this you and your website.
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

QuickQAnonymous wrote:Going slightly off-topic, if you don't want to fight the hassle, you could try phpBB.
Don't think anyone would wanna do that, after spending $150 on Xenforo suite.

[hr]

Here is something that might be the issue in this case.

NFO hosting uses apache and it sometimes have trouble reading the files saved under windows. Xenforo requires you to edit the config.php file to add your database information and that might have converted the file to windows system.

I would suggest uploading the stock files and checking the page without editing any files. At most, it will give you an error, but you will know if editing files under windows was the issue or not.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

IMHO it just seems a little suspect. He is abandoning a piece of software that he spent $140 for, and installing an outdated version. My guess is, it is a pirated copy and that gave him issues. Can't say for sure, but who would walk away so quickly from an expensive piece of software like that, install an older version, and just shrug it off like it was nothing. When I had issues installing it in NFO server, I kept at it till I got it working.

Just my two cents.
QuickQAnonymous
A regular
A regular

Have you paid for XenForo yet, or is it just the demo thingy-ma-do?