Creating a 404 page for a different domain on the same machine shared by others.

Connect with other users about what to run on your webhosting (and how to run it) here.
Qas05
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Creating a 404 page for a different domain on the same machine shared by others.

Post by Qas05 »

Hello.

I have multiple domains on the same web server plan and I was wondering how I could create a diffrent 404 page for each domain.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Creating a 404 page for a different domain on the same machine shared by others.

Post by kraze »

This is possible, but will require you create multiple .htaccess files for each domain (each domain also needs to be directed into a separate folder). If they are just create a new .htaccess and add

Code: Select all

ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
to each one.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Qas05
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Creating a 404 page for a different domain on the same machine shared by others.

Post by Qas05 »

kraze wrote:This is possible, but will require you create multiple .htaccess files for each domain (each domain also needs to be directed into a separate folder). If they are just create a new .htaccess and add

Code: Select all

ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
to each one.
Thank you for the help.
SimbaTheKing
New to forums
New to forums

Post by SimbaTheKing »

You can also accomplish this by editing your httpd.conf and editing the ErrorFile for the whole webserver. If my memory serves me correctly :D