Starbound servers for managed VPS?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
NeonHeights
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Starbound servers for managed VPS?

Post by NeonHeights »

Was just wondering if there were any plans for getting Starbound servers for the managed VPS, I run a number of TF2 servers which are full almost all the time and many of my players have said they would love a starbound server. I know Terraria servers were never available before so im not sure if its even an option, I was just wondering :P
I'm currently running seven 32-slot Team Fortress 2 servers and have been for the past two years. If you want to check us out on steam, visit our group or website www.NeonheightsServers.com
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Starbound servers for managed VPS?

Post by kraze »

Starbound servers have been suggested to us before. We tend to avoid games that are in an alpha/beta state since they will drastically change throughout that period, making upkeep a pain.

It's definitely on our radar, though :D
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Starbound servers for managed VPS?

Post by soja »

FYI-Starbound is the highest resource usage game I have ever seen. IT either has a memory leak or a poor memory management system. I have it running on a linux server and it will eat up all 8GB ram after ~24hrs. On top of that with around 12 people in the server it uses 3 full cores.

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =1&t=10143
Not a NFO employee