Rust support?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Post Reply
Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am

Re: Rust support?

Post by Cyrcle » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Would like to add that with the trouble I am (still) having with Gameservers, I would pay double the price for your servers. :P

theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Rust support?

Post by theRadAleks » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:52 pm

Cyrcle wrote:Would like to add that with the trouble I am (still) having with Gameservers, I would pay double the price for your servers. :P
You can setup a Rust server with an un-managed VDS, the server files are public. I don't know why NFO doesn't host the game, i believe its most likely performance, Rust servers use alot of RAM while idle.

Cyrcle
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am

Re: Rust support?

Post by Cyrcle » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:02 pm

theRadAleks wrote:
Cyrcle wrote:Would like to add that with the trouble I am (still) having with Gameservers, I would pay double the price for your servers. :P
You can setup a Rust server with an un-managed VDS, the server files are public. I don't know why NFO doesn't host the game, i believe its most likely performance, Rust servers use alot of RAM while idle.
I understand that. However, it's hard enough trying to keep my plugins up to date every week and the players happy. Not to mention, the issues I've been having with Gameservers as of late. Looking at some prices for un-managed hosting, it is around the same price I am paying, so I would much rather have someone else deal with the server side of things.

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:03 am

Re: Rust support?

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 am

If you look here: http://www.gspreviews.com/gspprices.html

You will see 3 other GSP that offer it for the same as or cheaper.
My recommendation would be stay absolutely away from Vilayer,
and go with Fragnet. I don't know the other company, but Fragnet is a large company and always had a good experience when we used to use them for thongs we couldn't get here.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/

User avatar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
Posts: 12424
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Rust support?

Post by Edge100x » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:31 am

Guys, we don't really want specific other company names being brought up in these forums. Rare, passing use is OK but I do not want this thread to be about our competitors, whether in a positive or negative light.

As I mentioned previously, I plan to roll out support for Unity-based games in the near future for at least managed customers.

theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Rust support?

Post by theRadAleks » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Edge100x wrote:Guys, we don't really want specific other company names being brought up in these forums. Rare, passing use is OK but I do not want this thread to be about our competitors, whether in a positive or negative light.

As I mentioned previously, I plan to roll out support for Unity-based games in the near future for at least managed customers.
Sounds good, cant wait for it!

YourMomSE
New to forums
New to forums
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: Rust support?

Post by YourMomSE » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Any update on supporting Rust for managed setups? Many friends and I have been getting real into this game again, and would it would be extremely awesome to be able to run my own server off my managed machine.

User avatar
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
Posts: 12424
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:04 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Rust support?

Post by Edge100x » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 pm

It is something that I am working on.

User avatar
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Rust support?

Post by mennes » Sun May 31, 2015 8:51 am

Let me know if you need a hand with anything edge. Not so much information/support, more an extra hand
My teamspeak is always open to the public, be sure to poke Mennes (me) to get your NFO group in teamspeak (:

Image

Post Reply