Rust support?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Rust support?

Post by kraze »

J-English wrote:no more zombies in rust

http://playrust.com/
Not a terrible change. They temporarily replaced them with red wolves/bears. We just run around in the field, get 30 or 40 to chase us and bring them into an animal corral, where we farm them.

Not too mention, the zombies didn't even spawn everywhere. They were limited to a small area.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
666jet
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 666jet »

Peep wrote:Man, the worst part about it all is that two of NFO's customers (one of them being me) have access to host Rust servers and are on the official GSP list. Both of us were upstarts from Rust, and I know I personally never had the intention of selling them. I just wanted to host community servers.
hmmm i would very much like to get hold of the files and host my community's on a nfo vds ofc would be very happy if you hit me up 666jet on steam
- thanks Jet
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

kraze wrote:
J-English wrote:no more zombies in rust

http://playrust.com/
Not a terrible change. They temporarily replaced them with red wolves/bears. We just run around in the field, get 30 or 40 to chase us and bring them into an animal corral, where we farm them.

Not too mention, the zombies didn't even spawn everywhere. They were limited to a small area.
I was butt naked,ran into a radiation zone and in front of me about 9 wolves all together in a pack in front of me.

Reminded me of a movie called The Grey..lol
Fireguy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fireguy »

We've had many server with you. IF you start providing Rust services, it'll be one more thing we have with you.

Current providers are overloading their boxes by putting to many customers on one box and there is ZERO DDOS protection.

You ask them for help and there answer? "Wait for it to pass...."
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Fireguy wrote:We've had many server with you. IF you start providing Rust services, it'll be one more thing we have with you.

Current providers are overloading their boxes by putting to many customers on one box and there is ZERO DDOS protection.

Garry has stated he doesn't want any more Rust host at the moment :/
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Peep
A regular
A regular

Post by Peep »

Fireguy wrote:We've had many server with you. IF you start providing Rust services, it'll be one more thing we have with you.

Keep in mind that a couple of those providers are using NFO hardware, so the DDoS protection does carry over. That said, most of the providers don't have it at all, or advertise protection that doesn't do it's job.

There's of course nothing to stop them from overloading boxes, I know that's definitely being done right now. The bigger part of it really though is that perceived lag in-game is not always hardware or network related. One of the more recent Rust patches has had massive problems with CPU usage and memory leaks.
Fireguy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fireguy »

Well we're down to restarting every 30 mins to an hour to deal with in game lag and wiping every 3-4 days to trying to keep CPU and Memory usage down....is stupid.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Fireguy wrote:Well we're down to restarting every 30 mins to an hour to deal with in game lag and wiping every 3-4 days to trying to keep CPU and Memory usage down....is stupid.
While I'll admit usage is all over the map with this game, we haven't had to wipe, yet. Server is about a month old now and we're at 55K structures.

Definitely needs to be rebooted on a daily basis and we're pushing 1.5GB of ram due to the amount of structures.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Groovius
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Groovius »

I think it's insane that, while rust has just sold over a million copies, they won't release host access to more server providers. Right now, the current providers are seriously reaping the benefits of all this unnecessary exclusivity.

Like me, thousands of players have hopped in rust only to find some server that's ran like shit and thought, "I should host my own!" Because of that impulse/urge/whatever, tens of thousands of dollars are being spread around to subpar providers each month, leaving a lot of players really wanting a more stable environment in which to play.

I, for one, will be waiting to start my own rust server until Garry decides other providers deserve a chance at this game and NFO can host it for me. I've tweeted him multiple times (as well as many others I'm sure), but it doesn't appear to be doing any good.

Guess I'll just have to wait, rubberbanding around in all these shit community servers I keep stumbling into. :(
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Don't be surprised if a large gsp paid him for exclusive rights to servers for a period of time. We have the same issue with days mods only allowed by certain hosts. It's becoming a bidding war for some of the better mods. Guess the modders win in the end.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It looks like Garry is rolling our server browser fixes in the next release.
https://trello.com/b/lG8jtz6v/rust-main

It was mentioned he was waiting for that improvement before adding more host. We should continue letting Garry know how interested we're in this game ;)
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Sent him another tweet, will try to remember to do so once a day. Still waiting for NFO to get this game so we can get a server :)
Not a NFO employee
megaman
New to forums
New to forums

Post by megaman »

Still hoping for Garry to let nfo host servers soon :wink:
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

Has anyone had a good experience with any of the approved Rust GSP's? I have rented from HFB, and FPSPlayers. Both have left a horrible taste in my mouth and I am once again on the search for a new host.

I realize it's pretty shitty to ask this questions on NFO's forums, and I wish other public forums gave less biased opinions however that's not the case. I know the users of this forum know better than most how to choose a good provider (NFO). As soon and NFO has been granted to host Rust I will instantly jump ship.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

chemist wrote:Has anyone had a good experience with any of the approved Rust GSP's? I have rented from HFB, and FPSPlayers. Both have left a horrible taste in my mouth and I am once again on the search for a new host.

I realize it's pretty shitty to ask this questions on NFO's forums, and I wish other public forums gave less biased opinions however that's not the case. I know the users of this forum know better than most how to choose a good provider (NFO). As soon and NFO has been granted to host Rust I will instantly jump ship.
I've heard some pretty bad things about all of them. Servers being outdated for hours, taking 2-3 days per response on a request, rebooting servers due to resources..etc.

Generally, though, we can't allow discussions of other host here. However, someone on here may be able to provide some stop-gap recommendations in private until we get access.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!