Rust support?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Triggs
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Rust support?

Post by Triggs »

Also, I just sent a tweet and tagged you in it. I wonder if he'll see it.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Triggs wrote:
kraze wrote:From what I hear the current host are extremely bad :/ If anyone in our community is able to Tweet Garry please do let him know NFO is interested!
Do you know if he doesn't know you're interested or he knows and he's just waiting? I've had some friends of mine reach out to him, not sure if he's responded to them yet.

Here is my latest response about lag on my current server.

TL;DR Memory leak, wipe your server, bad code, not us.

http://i.imgur.com/ZJtTys3.jpg
I'm not sure if he's knows we're interested or not. I've contacted him in several places with no response. I know he's stated he wants to keep the GSP list small, though.

Not a big fan of the copy and pasted responses. While we do utilize them here, we do our best to limit them and include additional information with ones we send. I still believe their current ram limit is way to low. My test server is still pushing 1.3GB with around 30-40 people. He recommended you upgrade. That's interesting, they appear to only allow 200 slots. If they are only allowing 1.6GB for 150, I don't think an extra 50 slots is going to help you there.

Still not seeing any memory leak. I guess you could call it keeping memory reserved a leak, but it's not consistently going up.

It sounds like their low pricing is coming back to bite them or they did it on purpose since they know you'd have to upgrade. Not sure.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Triggs
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Triggs »

kraze wrote:
Triggs wrote:
kraze wrote:From what I hear the current host are extremely bad :/ If anyone in our community is able to Tweet Garry please do let him know NFO is interested!
Do you know if he doesn't know you're interested or he knows and he's just waiting? I've had some friends of mine reach out to him, not sure if he's responded to them yet.

Here is my latest response about lag on my current server.

TL;DR Memory leak, wipe your server, bad code, not us.

http://i.imgur.com/ZJtTys3.jpg
I'm not sure if he's knows we're interested or not. I've contacted him in several places with no response. I know he's stated he wants to keep the GSP list small, though.

Not a big fan of the copy and pasted responses. While we do utilize them here, we do our best to limit them and include additional information with ones we send. I still believe their current ram limit is way to low. My test server is still pushing 1.3GB with around 30-40 people. He recommended you upgrade. That's interesting, they appear to only allow 200 slots. If they are only allowing 1.6GB for 150, I don't think an extra 50 slots is going to help you there.

Still not seeing any memory leak. I guess you could call it keeping memory reserved a leak, but it's not consistently going up.

It sounds like their low pricing is coming back to bite them or they did it on purpose since they know you'd have to upgrade. Not sure.
I specifically asked them how much more memory I would get for 50 more slots, and they added an extra 500mB. It doesn't seem like a solution to me because more slots = more people = more ram used. Considering we were routinely hitting 130-140 people, it wouldn't fix the problem.

Either way, I know they're BSing me. I'm not sure if you control the twitter or if you can see my tweet but I'm doing my best to get you noticed. I've used NFO in the past and had a good experience, so hopefully it's not too long.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

is this garry?

https://twitter.com/garrynewman

If thats him he only lives in walsall,england which is 15 mins away from my inlaws house.

I should visit him then

Edit : i have 3 address`s of him in walsall
Triggs
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Triggs »

Yes, that is Garry, but I wouldn't recommend just showing up to his house.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

i would never do that anyway besides you probably wont able too.

"knock" "knock"

garry "who`s there?"

J-English "Reply to you`re F!!!!!!ing TWEETS"

:)
666jet
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 666jet »

if you actually did do that please film it, it would be hilarious
Groovius
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Groovius »

This might be old news, but Garry posted this on twitter on the 23rd in response to an inquiry from ServerCrate (I'm assuming they're another GSP)
@ServerCrate Sorry - we're not looking for more hosts at the moment.. http://playrust.com/faq/
Looks like we might all be waiting a while to have NFO host this for us. =\
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Groovius, giving them feedback is definitely a good idea! That's the only way to get something like this changed.

The initial choices seem to have been made just based on operators applying at the beginning and getting the password before some sort of cutoff. Some of our customers are running dozens of Rust servers and aren't even GSPs.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Groovius wrote:This might be old news, but Garry posted this on twitter on the 23rd in response to an inquiry from ServerCrate (I'm assuming they're another GSP)
@ServerCrate Sorry - we're not looking for more hosts at the moment.. http://playrust.com/faq/
Looks like we might all be waiting a while to have NFO host this for us. =\
Edge100x wrote:Groovius, giving them feedback is definitely a good idea! That's the only way to get something like this changed.

The initial choices seem to have been made just based on operators applying at the beginning and getting the password before some sort of cutoff. Some of our customers are running dozens of Rust servers and aren't even GSPs.
Pretty much that, but the thought also crossed my mind that he may not want many smaller host in the trial. I could understand wanting to keep a smaller, less experienced host out while still being willing to let in a larger one.

Either way, I've tried multiple ways of contacting him and he hasn't responded. The only other feasible way I see us getting in quickly would be to have our customers Tweet him. If there was enough demand he'd kind of have to let us in :D
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Groovius
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Groovius »

Just tweetedthis a few minutes ago. I'll ask a few of my friends to tweet him too

?@GrooviusMaxmus 6m

@garrynewman Please allow NFO to host Rust servers! I want my own server, but I am waiting for @nfoservers to provide it!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I have been tweeting him too when he is on, I also tried his email he advertises on his twitter.
Not a NFO employee
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

ive sent him a fat email and a tweet.Lets just hope.
Triggs
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Triggs »

Yea I just switched off multiplay and went with another provider that advertises performance.. still just laggy and shitty. I guess I give up on hosting rust servers for a while.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

I've had no issues with lagg renting out rust servers from 2 gaps.
Smooth as a babys bottom.