Admin getting out of control

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Zeddie Little
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Admin getting out of control

Post by Zeddie Little »

So one of my admins has been getting out of hand recently
First it started out with my Arma 2 server
He would fire at base with the artillery from the fire bases and I heard him say "I'm one of the main admins, I can do anything"
Then the day after he did the same thing when I wasn't there and gave a permanent ban to someone who said it was him

And last night on our Arma 3 server and I heard that he was getting mad because ppl would accidently crash the vehicles due brakes
And the moment my admin crashed his car at base he shut down the server (Note that there were randoms on helping out our players, so this looked bad towards us)

I've already given him a chance after the Arma 2 incident but lately he's been on thin ice
So I'm asking how have you guys dealt with these type of admins and what do you suggest that I do?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Admin getting out of control

Post by kraze »

Dealing with people like this in your community can be touchy as it could mean he'll leave and attempt to cause you problems. However, that doesn't mean you should standby and let him do this.

When I ran my own community I was very firm with my members, as long as they abide by the rules we were good, but if they didn't I would intervene. I did this in several ways...

1) I wouldn't speak to them in public, I'd pull them aside and nicely mention that he shouldn't be doing that and try to find a solution that works for both of us.

2) If the issues continued I'd speak to a few other admins or someone you generally trust in the community. Get their opinion and see what their take is. I'd then mention that if he continues I will remove his power.

3) If issues persist I would pull the admin aside with my co-founder or main admin and we'd talk a bit more in-depth with the misbehaving admin. This time we'd be a bit more stern and direct, letting him know he must stop or it will result in loss of his powers.

4) Happens again, I would instantly remove him from power without warning. I'd likely allow him to keep his tags, but I wouldn't let him be admin and I tell him he could apply for admin again in a few months.

I'm curious, though. How old is this admin? It's not often you see admin abuse from older more mature admins, it normally comes from the younger ones who normally shouldn't be in power.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
ADKGamers
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ADKGamers »

Honestly I would send him a message telling him to clean up his act and that the crap that he's doing needs to stop. But if he's doing the stuff with the server I'd take all his perms first and don't give him access to any of that stuff. Then let him know if he wants he back then he needs to act a certain way.

While I understand the age thing, I personally have a few younger admins who are more mature than some of my older members. I have a 14 year old in charge of a large section of my community, and a lot of people that join the game he's in say "You're an awesome leader, how old are you?" When he tells them, they say "WHAT?! I've been taking orders in game from a 14 year old for a few months?!"

Granted not all are like that, but it goes for every admin. Even some older ones won't be like that. It's just a matter of how you work with each individual and how you treat them.
http://www.ADKGamers.com - =ADK= Multi Gaming Community
Cyberbang3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cyberbang3r »

I agree with both responses. Running a community is a job within itself. You will go through many admins along the way. Just be fair and firm! It only takes one toxic member to pollute your whole clan and destroy it. Make your tough decisions and don't look back :) Good Luck!