Support Suggestion

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Defender2015
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Support Suggestion

Post by Defender2015 »

No, this is not a rant about the support. I love the support for this host.

My suggestion is adding the option to close your own ticket if needed, so you dont have to request it to be closed, and someone has to go to it, read what you said, and then close it.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Support Suggestion

Post by kraze »

This is something that has been suggested before and something we've considered. We ultimately held back because we don't want customers prematurely closing request.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

In that case, adding a simple prompt (ala javascript alert) or a check box that confirmed the close request should work out. I would suggest maybe requiring a close message like you do with your cancellation requests, so the user can say what they did to fix the issue, etc.

I feel bad for you guys having to check back in on tickets after x period of time to close them. Not that it takes long to do so, but seconds add up over time. I think it would help your work flow more than it would cause problems. 8)

But the fact that you guys are very prompt to do that check in, that says a lot of good things about your service.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

NFO is also mainly known for there support,So i think let it be as it is.
It gives a sense of satisfaction that NFO cares about your tickets,and that they do respond.Its good customer service and keeps clients to stay with NFO.Especially for new customers its good for business this way also.

Ive seen other GSP`s that dont reply or your in a situation to close it yourself.

Just saying..Its good practice.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

I remember suggesting this when they moved to their new ticket system. I too felt bad about them needing to close tickets when I didn't need anymore help.
Its a Dirty Job
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Good ideas here and generally we understand most would close their request when their issue is handled. However, we don't want people closing them too early. Such as if a customer were to get upset with us or feel our answers weren't helpful, he'd close it and no one would know :/

Following up with request after two days also allows us to check our own work. Mistakes happen, so it's good that we do this so we can catch them.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!