DayZ Mod or DayZ SA?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Oneleg
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

DayZ Mod or DayZ SA?

Post by Oneleg »

So I'm sure this has likely been touched on before in some way or another, so I apologize if I'm asking a question that's been answered numerous times already.

But I was wondering if NFO ever has plans to offer hosting for DayZ Mod, or DayZ Standalone? DayZ Mod is based off of both ArmA 2, and ArmA Operation Arrowhead, which both are offered for hosting. DayZ Mod still receives quite a bit of traffic because of the many other mods made to the game, such as Taviana, Namalsk, Epoch, Breaking Point, etc.

Obviously DayZ SA receives it's fair share of players, I believe they get around 100,000 people online a day?

I think it'd be pretty neat if hosting could be offered for either game.

~ Oneleg
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: DayZ Mod or DayZ SA?

Post by kraze »

We'd like to Host DayZ:SA. We contacted the developers and were told they'd send us some information. Unfortunately, that never happened :/ Our attempts at establishing contact have been unsuccessful.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Oneleg
Staff
Staff

Post by Oneleg »

kraze wrote:We'd like to Host DayZ:SA. We contacted the developers and were told they'd send us some information. Unfortunately, that never happened :/ Our attempts at establishing contact have been unsuccessful.
Shame, hopefully this changes soon, as I'd love to expand my community into DayZ. As we started out a long time ago as just a DayZ Mod clan.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Also waiting to expand into this...properly. We have a couple server with two different providers

They both have no proper DDOS mitigation in place (null route the IP and offer a new one) 10-15 hours to respond to a single ticket, not running on ideal hardware for a 40 slot

I hope you guys do reach someone over there soon. I will be forced to drop both of these servers
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

As with Rust, there's not much more we can do. If any customers have contacts with the developer, please ask them to respond to us.
Oneleg
Staff
Staff

Post by Oneleg »

Edge100x wrote:As with Rust, there's not much more we can do. If any customers have contacts with the developer, please ask them to respond to us.
Well Garry is the developer of Rust I thought? NFO hosts Garrysmod servers, so getting in contact with him should be fairly easy.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Oneleg wrote:
Edge100x wrote:As with Rust, there's not much more we can do. If any customers have contacts with the developer, please ask them to respond to us.
Well Garry is the developer of Rust I thought? NFO hosts Garrysmod servers, so getting in contact with him should be fairly easy.
Actually, no :/ It's rare we have direct contact with developers, especially once with public server files.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Garry has intentionally avoided responding to our direct requests. He has also ignored requests made by our customers independently. I agree that you would think that being the top Garrysmod host would help us here; I can't explain his behavior.

Some developers are good at communication. These two games reflect the other end of the spectrum right now.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

That garry is a right plonka