NFO hosting hardline?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO hosting hardline?

Post by soja »

I've got the beta, its about 50% downloaded. I have searched quite a few servers so far, and they are coming from a few known GSPs. Is NFO hosting servers for this? How can I find NFO only servers?
Not a NFO employee
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: NFO hosting hardline?

Post by soja »

To clarify, I am talking about Battlefield: Hardline.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We do not have any news to announce about Hardline at this time.

With BF4, certain providers were allowed to run Alpha servers, and those providers (only) could announce that they would be hosting the game and accept early preorders, with all other RSPs required to wait.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Alright thanks John. Seems like EA sprung this without notifying nvidia, I would of at least expected a driver with a SLI profile :(

It is using just about the exact same engine as BF4 as far as I can see...I wonder if they will pull that stupid slot tax with this game.

EDIT: John I just wanted to know if there were EA official servers being hosted here. I ran into the usual lag issues with any other server provider in my single hour playing.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, the running servers are being hosted by specific other providers. We are not currently running any Hardline beta servers.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Soja, you do realize you are asking about a Battlefield game, created by Dice and published by EA, correct?

Have you not paid attention to the degradation of the Battlefield franchise from BF3 and most recently BF4? Do you honestly not know what to expect from this combination of ineptness and shear incompetence, encumbered by greed??? I will spell it out for you if you need me too. :?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I believe the main developer is actually Visceral Games, with DICE helping out, though, it is running on the Frostbite 3 engine.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I got into the beta and have been playing it on and off. Overall I'm not sure what it is. Yes, I know it's a cops/robbers game but the overall point of the game is lost on me a bit. You literally run back and forth between your vault(an armored truck) and the enemy's vault all round carrying money.

It feels like BF4, but with cop cars and sirens.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I got my BETA this morning and most likely I will not invest in this...
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I have been disappointed in every BF beta since BF3, so I will give this game some time. However the new game modes really don't appeal to me.

I get they don't want to copy paste their game every year, they are trying to do something a little different, but I don't like this particular direction so far.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:I have been disappointed in every BF beta since BF3, so I will give this game some time. However the new game modes really don't appeal to me.

I get they don't want to copy paste their game every year, they are trying to do something a little different, but I don't like this particular direction so far.
I believe they are trying to give us a filler until next year, when another major title will release. This is similar to MOH:W. It will likely be popular for a few months and then fizzle out. They may also be testing other developers like they did with COD. I imagine they eventually want to have a major release every year, and adding additional developers will allow this.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Major releases every year at $59.99 for the game and $59.99 for an expansion pack will kill them. It's bad enough they want to con you into spending $120 for a game that is released and should have never left beta in it's state. To try and do this yearly will just drive more people away.

Our group of 27 members as well as their kids and another group we play a lot with who have about 55 members, have all dropped Battlefield after all the issues of BF3. Out of those 82 members, 3 bought BF4.

After hearing about the problems of BF4, many are happy they left the Battlefield series.

They will never will anyone back asking for so much money each year.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

The last two BF games have been fail, their games are loaded with bugs, they are just annoying to deal with if you are a server owner and a major turn off at times.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/18/elect ... -says-ceo/

Well they realize they blew it in the last several releases.

Will anything change? Doubt it.

They pushed out failures to grab quick money since the company's value dropped drastically many years ago. They just wanted to fill their bank accounts before they got back on track.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
stryfe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by stryfe »

Bumping an old thread to see if anything has changed.