Might be this a temporal fix for my server? Please help.

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Jack Rusty
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Might be this a temporal fix for my server? Please help.

Post by Jack Rusty »

Hello there everyone,

I do own a public Team Speak server with my son and some game-servers and sadly we are constantly being DDoS'd. We've tried multiple companies, and it seems like NFO is the only one that managed to offer us a decent protection. Lately I've received some 'large enough' attacks that led to a null-route of my server. It is sad that this is occurring, but we are seeking for a temporal solution to this issue. We were thinking if purchasing 2-3 servers, configuring them correctly and having my DNS server ready would fix the issue. My plan is to have 2 back up servers up and running in case of attack.

So, I am here asking today if this would be possible.

1) Have all the servers linked together (in terms of files [team speak files])
2) If a server goes down, the files would be on the other 2 servers
3) Have any of the 2 servers ready to resolve to my DNS (this would be done manually)

I know the first 1/2 steps could be done manually and run the server again without any issue. But it would be possible to have all the files passed over to server 2 from server 1(down IP) automatically?

I've taken all the necessary steps to avoid these attacks, but sadly this individual, well known around French/Spanish gaming communities persists in attacking not only me but have taken down multiple communities hosting here at NFO. The unacceptable fact is that this person is hosting here at NFO, but that is another story that I've given proof but seems to be not enough. I am still recompiling more information.

Thank you.
Jack Rusty
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Might be this a temporal fix for my server? Please help.

Post by Jack Rusty »

Well, I just found out that it is possible to put in some kind of file sync software that would allow me to sync both server's file remotely.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Might be this a temporal fix for my server? Please help.

Post by Edge100x »

If your service needed to be null-routed, then it was an extremely large attack. It is unlikely that a second or third duplicate service would be able to withstand the inevitable continued attacks, so I don't think a failover setup is a very good plan.