Support (suggestion)

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Skaggs
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Support (suggestion)

Post by Skaggs »

The support here is amazing, but why not save the support some time and let the people who open the support be able to close them so they dont have to waste there time coming to us asking if it needs to be close.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Support (suggestion)

Post by kraze »

We actually do this on purpose as we don't want users prematurely closing out request where help is still needed.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Well, it could be tech controlled. Because there's some cases were a response isn't needed.

i.e. I ask you to enable rDNS, and you enable it. No further comments are needed, but I have to contact you to close it anyways or you'll bother me in a few days and close it.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

You can also ask us to close these requests directly and we will do so, though, we like having the opportunity to follow up and make sure there isn't anything else you need.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We appreciate the feedback on this.

Originally clients could close their own support requests, but we were seeing requests being closed when issues weren't actually resolved, so we had to turn it off. For instance, sometimes a client would become impatient while waiting for an escalated request to be resolved, and instead of waiting, close the request and cancel the service. We do not want to lose track of open issues and for service problems to therefore go unresolved, partially because we know that if one person contacts us about a problem, many others often do, as well, and don't contact us.

We may re-enable the option in the future but we'd need to put in some additional checks and safeguards first. Possibly allowing a request that's assigned to me to be closed after some period of time would make sense, for instance.