Killing Floor 2 Dedicated Servers

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Killing Floor 2 Dedicated Servers

Post by soja »

Mike Rowe wrote:
soja wrote:Which operating systems will it support? I have a couple managed Linux dedis and it would be nice to be able to put some KF2 servers on it.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... p?t=104187
Thank you!
Not a NFO employee
LiquidFoo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by LiquidFoo »

I was curious how pricing is set for each server (as varied by game). KF2 seems to be a bit more pricey vs. many of the other games that are offered. Many of which support more players/slots.

Is the base price determined by TWI (or other game dev/publisher)?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

KF2 would be priced by us. Our pricing is mainly based off resource usage for the game. A game which requires more resources gets a slightly higher price. In some cases new games will see a higher price due to them be unoptimized and requiring more resources, but as time goes on and the game becomes optimized we can normally lower the price.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
LiquidFoo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by LiquidFoo »

kraze wrote:KF2 would be priced by us. Our pricing is mainly based off resource usage for the game. A game which requires more resources gets a slightly higher price. In some cases new games will see a higher price due to them be unoptimized and requiring more resources, but as time goes on and the game becomes optimized we can normally lower the price.
Thank you very much for the info.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

In the case of KF2 specifically, the price is mostly driven by the memory usage.
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Do you guys plan on offering more slots then 6 in the future?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

theRadAleks wrote:Do you guys plan on offering more slots then 6 in the future?
It is unlikely we will officially offer more then 6 slots. Though, just like KF we don't enforce a firm limit. We actually expand on that here. http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =53&t=4602
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Kuebic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Kuebic »

Thanks for everything you guys have done so far! The KF2 servers I have are running quite smoothly and, as mentioned previously, memory is a big factor but it seems like many of the previous memory issues were addressed before release.

I do have a question though: I've been hearing a LOT of complaints/issues from others hosting dedicated servers such as http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... p?t=105670 where so many players are trying to connect it crashes their servers.

I haven't experienced it on my servers and I'm wondering what magic NFO has been doing to keep it under control to possibly pass the knowledge along to the fellow hosters.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

My understanding of that problem is that it's just a bug due to the amount of players attempting to access the same server, causing for a connection loss. Besides putting up a lot of KF2 servers to help with load I don't think we did anything special.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Some people in those posts mention that in places where there is a high population density, but a low amount of servers, this can happen. NFO's locations are usually pretty saturated with servers. A single server in one of NFO's locations probably won't be hit as hard as servers in less common hosting areas.
Not a NFO employee