50000 MBPS

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

50000 MBPS

Post by TacTicToe »

Any chance of seeing something like this is Atlanta? :D
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: 50000 MBPS

Post by kraze »

It is unlikely we will see that level of bandwidth there in the foreseeable future. Partially because Atlanta is a smaller location for Internap (not a lot of upgrade options) and it has not shown that it needs that much capacity. As of now we're still working on Chicago.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

Getting 50000 MBPS in Chicago would be amazing, in my opinion you guys should have focused on that first since Chicago is a popular location if not the most popular location for NFO.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Chicago, up until recently had the highest capacity. It has also always been a priority for us. Getting bandwidth in different places is also difficult as different locations have different providers. In some cases it's very hard to bring in additional bandwidth. Focusing on Seattle first made sense since we're Seattle based and are able to be on site if needed.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Never any love for the east coast.... :?

I thought NY used to be 30000 at one time. When I looked it was also at 20000. Did that change?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

NYC has always been 20Gbps. But, NYC also has a stronger Internap backbone than most of their locations, so it hasn't needed upgrades as badly.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Chicago continues to be a priority for us, since it's our most popular location. In the very near future, it will have increased capacity through the addition of non-Internap providers to complement Internap, which we will also continue to use (with special software to ensure that performance is retained and in fact gets better).

We were able to quickly and economically add capacity in Seattle because we immediately found an effective partner there, but that has been a harder task in Chicago. Chicago also does not have a free and excellent peering fabric such as the SIX that can be used to reach local and Canadian ISPs.

We are always considering various upgrades, because the nature of the internet is that bandwidth usage goes up over time and DDoS attack volumes also go up over time. We have prioritized Seattle and Chicago because of their importance and size, respectively, but other locations will inevitably also be upgraded, both internally and externally.

If you have a service that is frequently attacked and requires extra protection because of this, we recommend choosing Seattle or Chicago right now, as they are and should continue to be our strongest in terms of DDoS resistance. But, keep in mind that we can't offer a DDoS mitigation guarantee at any location.
noname
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by noname »

What about your Frankfurt location ?

I believe you should be strongly focusing on that as-well, since it is your only option outside the US.