Anyone having trouble logging on control panel?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Anyone having trouble logging on control panel?

Post by IcEWoLF »

I know few days ago NFo made any announcement about this:
Investigating evidence of limited intrusion today, we determined that one of our internal databases might have been accessed by an unauthorized user. This database contains default passwords for VDSes and dedicated servers, passwords for webhosting accounts, and FTP passwords for game servers, as well as hashed control panel login passwords.

While we have seen no indication that specific information was exported, at this time, out of an abundance of caution, we recommend that you change any passwords that are being used to access the control panel or may be listed in the control panel.

Payment information is stored on a separate system, on a different host, with special access controls, and was not accessed.
So I tried to log in my control panel today and it wasn't letting me in...does that mean my password was compromised?

If so this is going to be a pain in the rear to change all the passwords.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Anyone having trouble logging on control panel?

Post by kraze »

From our audit we determined no account passwords were changed, so your login should still work. Though, if it isn't you should definitely contact us so we can investigate deeper, but it's safe for you to reset it(and you should).
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Anyone having trouble logging on control panel?

Post by IcEWoLF »

I opened a ticket and all is taken care of!

Rest assured NFo takes safety #1. Nobody accessed my account.