Windows 2012 R2 on VDS

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
erwinquek
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Windows 2012 R2 on VDS

Post by erwinquek »

Hi,

I have Windows 2012 R2 on VDS and so far, things are working great.

However, under Windows 2012 Task Manger>>Performance>>Ethernet, traffic is reflected for send but nothing for receive.

Is this a known issue? Will there be any performance impact or something to be concern about?
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Windows 2012 R2 on VDS

Post by Siren »

I do not know of any known issues there, if you can contact us from the !help tab in your control panel we can take a look and be sure your servers bandwidth is Correct.
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
erwinquek
New to forums
New to forums

Post by erwinquek »

I contacted support and reply received "Looking at your historical bandwidth graphs, from the Server Usage tab of your NFO Control Panel, I am not seeing anything abnormal at all. To me it looks like fairly normal traffic patterns."

Those on Windows 2012 R2 Unmanaged VDS, is yours normal or also like mine? - please help verify.
(under Windows 2012 Task Manger>>Performance>>Ethernet, traffic is reflected for send but nothing for receive)
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

It may just be a bug with the network drivers. IIRC we were looking into testing a newer version of the GPLPV drivers in the future. I'll poke around and see if I can reproduce this.

Please shoot a request to us and ask to be assigned to Cody. Be sure to reference this forum post.
erwinquek
New to forums
New to forums

Post by erwinquek »

Cody, did so as per your request.

You should be able to easily reproduce this as the "issue" exist with a fresh install of your Windows 2012 R2 image. (you might want to check the Xen version used in VDS that I am in, I think it matters too)

Those on Windows 2012 R2 Unmanaged VDS, is yours normal or also like mine? - please help verify.
(under Windows 2012 Task Manger>>Performance>>Ethernet, traffic is reflected for send but nothing for receive)