New Battlefront November 2015 -- servers?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New Battlefront November 2015 -- servers?

Post by markym »

Hi all, I just read that Dice/EA is now saying there will be dedicated servers for the new Battlefront releasing in November. I know there was a lot of stuff going around about no dedicated servers. There's still this issue of no server browser which makes me wonder how one would find a dedicated server if we rented one. Thought I'd open up a topic to see what you all have been finding out about the new Battlefront. I sure would love to see NFO rent servers for Battlefront if in fact dedicated servers will be made available.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: New Battlefront November 2015 -- servers?

Post by kraze »

If I had to guess, I would assume they will be following the COD model with this game. Which means they'll pay a single provider to run all of the dedicated servers and just matchmake the players into those.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Yeah they already announced they are using matchmaking system there will be no dedicated servers. Stupid i know.

But hey it's possible the new call of duty will have dedicated servers (no strings attached). Lets see how the new black ops plays out
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

FAST wrote:Yeah they already announced they are using matchmaking system there will be no dedicated servers. Stupid i know.

But hey it's possible the new call of duty will have dedicated servers (no strings attached). Lets see how the new black ops plays out
For BO3, they have said that ranked will be hosted by them, and will be the same as black ops 2(matchmaking onto hidden dedicated servers). pcdev has yet to confirm if we will have unranked dedicated servers and a server browser.
Not a NFO employee
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Way to ruin the slightest hope I had for COD j/k :lol:
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Two more games to scratch off my buy list. Amazing how many developers simply do not want my money.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

The beta just was announced for October 8th to the 12th so I guess we shall see how they are going to run servers with no browser. I'm so blown away that the gaming companies are so clueless about how our communities and servers support them. They have become such control freaks. They treat PC gamers like console players constantly and just don't seem to get or care about those of us that game on PC.
Last edited by markym on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

markym wrote:I did read something that said they now are going to have dedicated servers ...however, no server browser. Haven't a clue what that means.
A "Play" button, think BF3/4 quickplay.
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Best thing you can do is vote with your wallet, like me, don't buy their games.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

I'm going to at least try the Battlefront Beta before I decide. The game does look good. Bummed we can't have our own servers which just makes no sense to me at all. With no one able to ban or kick people that are rude, obnoxious twits it will be I'm guessing a lot like COD which is the reason I stopped buying COD games. I had a BF4 server that I just cancelled as the only way to get a lot of players in was run official and the way we got treated in our own server by punks calling us all kinds of names was disheartening. People don't even appreciate that they are getting to play the game on someone else's dime.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

markym wrote:I'm guessing a lot like COD which is the reason I stopped buying COD games. I had a BF4 server that I just cancelled as the only way to get a lot of players in was run official and the way we got treated in our own server by punks calling us all kinds of names was disheartening. People don't even appreciate that they are getting to play the game on someone else's dime.
Exactly the debate I have frequently with people in the Steam forums. They complain there are not enough servers close to them, or they get kicked and banned from all the servers they play on. When I tell them to try hosting their own server, you would think it was the end of the world. How dare I suggest they spend money to play on a server when someone else is willing to.

Its the mentality of today's generation, and not a lot we can do about it. I refer to it as a console entitlement mentality.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

Well it's just about a week or so until the new Battlefront launches and I guess there's still no way to rent a server for it. I'll still get the game as it looks amazing and I enjoyed the beta. Just bummed that once again the gaming industry screws over us PC players with no server browser. :x
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

This has been known for some time now, there are not going to be any servers to rent. Nothing for us to control. Hell we can't even pay for a server to run on behalf of EA, ie BF4. This game gets a pass from me for now. I will pick it up in 6 months or so when it hits the $5 bargain bin.