WAMP

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
bear
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

WAMP

Post by bear »

I recently bought the VPS plan, set-up everything nicely. Website set-up on wamp. Problem is, the website seemed to lag. Localhost does not lag, neither does the server itself. I'm running a game server and it doesn't lag at all. Only the website is lagging. May I know what's the issue here?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: WAMP

Post by soja »

What is your website url?
Not a NFO employee
bear
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bear »

soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

The site loads instantly for me, as well as any pages I visited.
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Loaded instantly for me as well.
bear
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bear »

Oddly, the website load way faster after I added cloudflare, the dns thingy. Thanks anyways :)
bear
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bear »

bump. Problem seems to appear again after i tried to add a database for my vbulletin forum and install vbulletin on the web server. I have removed both the forum folder and the forum database already but the problem is still there. Would be glad if anyone could help me out here. Thanks!
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

bear wrote:bump. Problem seems to appear again after i tried to add a database for my vbulletin forum and install vbulletin on the web server. I have removed both the forum folder and the forum database already but the problem is still there. Would be glad if anyone could help me out here. Thanks!
For running a public website especially with a legitimate vBulletin license, if your forum is large (which I assume it is if you were willing to spend $250), you should stay away from WAMP. WAMP has a lot of public security issues, and is merely an ease-of-access installer that gathers apache, mysql, and php, and installs it with its own code that should only be used for "developmental" purposes.

Should you choose to continue, I recommend uninstalling your current version (while backing up) and install WAMP 1.7.4 -- the most stable version before WAMP2. A lot of issues cease to exist in this version, and it also seamlessly displays HLXCE without a hitch.
bear
New to forums
New to forums

Post by bear »

I do not wish to install vbulletin for now. Somehow before i tried installing the forums, the website and everything were running smooth suddenly after the cloudflare dns thingy like i stated in my post above. Now I deleted vbulletin, how come it's still slow?