BO3 mod and map tools officially announced

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Tag
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

BO3 mod and map tools officially announced

Post by Tag »

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: BO3 mod and map tools officially announced

Post by kraze »

That's interesting here. I surely hope their server software is better than MW3's..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Going to be the same unranked crap as MW3, so don't hold your breath.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

TacTicToe wrote:Going to be the same unranked crap as MW3, so don't hold your breath.
Don't be so sure. Treyarch has always been the most PC-friendly developer since BO1. MW3 was IW crap and I think Treyarch will do it way better.

This is a PC exclusive feature, so hopefully we won't be held back by consoles for this.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It is going to be unranked, they mentioned that in the press release. Though, I just hope it's better than MW3s server software. That thing was a pain in the butt and had many quirks about it..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

kraze wrote:It is going to be unranked, they mentioned that in the press release. Though, I just hope it's better than MW3s server software. That thing was a pain in the butt and had many quirks about it..
I think it will be, they are taking actual time to develop the software. I have faith in Treyarch that they will release something worth using.
Not a NFO employee
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

soja wrote: Don't be so sure. Treyarch has always been the most PC-friendly developer since BO1. MW3 was IW crap and I think Treyarch will do it way better.

This is a PC exclusive feature, so hopefully we won't be held back by consoles for this.
Really?

Problem is, their definition of dedicated servers, and ours are different. These assclowns handed a monopoly to one of THE WORST GSP's on planet earth. Dont even need to mention them, you all know who I am talking about. They allowed these same assclowns to host the dedicated servers for BO2 as well. Now that they are having financial issues, they had to MASSIVELY scale back their infrastructure. As a result, the current BO2 servers are hosted on overloaded and inadequate systems, which is why if you read the Steam forums, youll see so many are complaining about all the lag in BO2 servers now. They are overloaded boxes with 100mbit connections.

THIS is who 3arc decided to host the "dedicated servers". And yea Activision probably had something to do with it as well, but 3arc had a say in it, no doubt. If they do it again, and allow only that one company to host, it is going to be a nightmare!

We have 2 Black Ops servers, which is the only reason I still deal with this company. Server crashes all the time. Support tickets take on average 18+ hours to get a response. In their scale back they just moved my server to another box, which caused an IP change, and didnt even ask. They just did it. My forums blew up with people asking what happened to the server. So my config was gone and it was just advertising their website till I went in and fixed it.

This is what Treyarch has done. Call of Duty 3 was a complete flop. World at War was great, even though it was only a re-skinned CoD4. Black Ops servers are hosted with them. BO2 hosted with them.

We were told we would be able to rent servers for Ghosts post release. That never happened.

http://charlieintel.com/2013/08/22/dedi ... st-launch/

Sorry. I have no faith in them to do anything right. They are all just a bunch of greedy bastards.