I have a question!

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Edward40hands
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I have a question!

Post by Edward40hands »

I'm looking at renting a dedicated unmanaged server. I have never rented one of those (but i do have server background exp).

1. Does this allow me to run teamspeak3 and procon from the server?

2. How do i install the actual servers (2xbf4)? Is there a place to just download the server files and install them to the machine?

3. Lets say i have procon/teamspeak3 with 2 x 32 man servers and 2 x 64 man servers. Will the E3-1270 base machine that is hosted in Chicago run this without any problems?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: I have a question!

Post by soja »

Ok I'm not going to answer these in order, in hopes of making it a little less confusing.

You are not able to run BF4 servers on unmanaged. EA has not released server files and only certain game server providers are allowed to host them. If you want to run BF4 servers on a dedicated machine, you will need managed.

On a managed dedi, you are not able to run TS3 or procon on the box, personally our solution to this is to buy a 3-core VDS and put procon and teamspeak on that.

For a managed dedi 2x32 slot servers and 2x64 slot servers should run comfortably on the E3-1270 machine.

Also note, BF4 slots require an additional fee per slot which you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5705
Not a NFO employee