HURTWORLD

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HURTWORLD

Post by TacTicToe »

Another new up and coming, still early access. This is an open world survival game. Looks almost like a RUST clone, except it runs a LOT better and it has cars! :) Runs on Unity engine.

You can host your own server. IP binding does not seem to work yet, PORT binding does work. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393420/

exploit1337
New to forums
New to forums

Re: HURTWORLD

Post by exploit1337 »

I would love to see this game hosted by nfo! :]
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Still has a little ways to go before NFO would probably consider it, BUT ours is running off NFO hardware if you want to check it out. :)

Had 48 on the server last night, usage was at 1.5 gigs RAM and 9-10% CPU, so not bad. Compare that to RUST or Ark, and that is a huge difference. Ran smooth and no lag.
Bloodbane
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bloodbane »

Would be nice to see Hurtworld servers offered - I'd jump on this for sure :)
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

TacTicToe wrote:Still has a little ways to go before NFO would probably consider it, BUT ours is running off NFO hardware if you want to check it out. :)

Had 48 on the server last night, usage was at 1.5 gigs RAM and 9-10% CPU, so not bad. Compare that to RUST or Ark, and that is a huge difference. Ran smooth and no lag.
must check it out..cpu usage at 10% ram usage is pretty awesome too.Is it stable through out when the server is up with players?
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

They upped the limit to 60, and server is full at 60. No lag at all. I'm teetering between 10-12% CPU usage. So it seems pretty stable so far.

Downsides. Cant bind IP. RCON is very clunky and not user friendly at all. You can kick players but not ban, which is a huge issue. Since it is PvP only you will get trolls and griefers. People seem to crave the KOS aspect of this game which is a bit aggravating. They will scream in the mic they are friendly, then kill you. When you die, you do respawn with whatever goods you had when you died, so that is helpful.

Game has potential, we will see what the devs make of it. Currently it is on sale on Steam for 20% off. You do not need to own the game to download the server via SteamCMD. App is 405100 and you will want to download with an anonymous login.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Is that 10-12% of a core, or overall?
Not a NFO employee
theRadAleks
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by theRadAleks »

I would love to see this game on NFO, its a lot of fun and has a lot of potential.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yea I have to says its popularity has really taken off. IP binding still does not work as of last update. I think that might be the last real hurdle they would need to get over to be considered. Oxide plugins are already popping up. Our server has quite the following already and we opened a second server.