Couple Questions

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Couple Questions

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

1) Is there any way to find out what version of TS3 server is currently running on a Windows server?

2) I am setting up control panel access for some of our members and I am setting up the permissions, but I have an issue with one. I have to grant access to 'Server Control', so members can reboot the VDS if they ever have to, but my issue is that they also have access to completely wiping the server and reinstalling Windows. Can the reboot option not be separated from the rest of the wipe options so they can be blocked access?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Couple Questions

Post by soja »

1. In your teamspeak client if you hover over the server name, you can see the server version:

2. It would appear not. But how many times have you needed to reboot your VDS for a reason other than you working on it? I haven't touched the control panel reboot option in my VDS unless its locked up. It is better to just reboot through the OS.
Not a NFO employee
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I couldn't remember where it was but now I see what you mean. Select the root channel and it appears.

Thanks

As for the control panel, our TS3 server has mysteriously been crashing 3-4 times a day, and our control panel normally restarts it when it crashes. But it seems it tried to restart 3 times and failed so it just shuts it down completely. But today, our TS3 server and our control panel both somehow were killed or shutdown, so our members couldn't restart TS3 while I was at work. A complete VDS reboot was needed and I am the only one with access.

So today I am setting up some of our senior members with access to perform a full reboot if needed, but I just didn't want them to have access to the ability to completely wipe stuff.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

TS3 crashed again and I couldn't restart.
Tried to start other programs, and they wouldn't start either.

Starting to wonder if Windows itself is bugged.

Only a server reboot seems to fix it.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Also finding that a reboot takes forever to start up again.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Anything standout in the events logs?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Well we found something interesting and resolved the TS3 crashing every couple hours.

Our hard drive was pretty much full, and when our 7 Days To Die server was trying to create a backup of the world, it would fail because there was no room left. At the same time, TS3 would crash and wouldn't restart because there was no room.
Rebooting the whole VDS must clean up cache files or something to allow enough space for it to start, and several hours later, when the the backup started again, the whole thing would repeat again.

I deleted some files and folders and made some space, and it has fixed everything.