Operating system instead of Windows Server 2008 R2

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
ViRuSeS
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Operating system instead of Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by ViRuSeS »

Spray wrote:Performance wise, each should be similar. I'd recommend the 14.04 LTS release, as it will be actively supported for quite some time.
Thank you a lot!
ViRuSeS
A regular
A regular

Post by ViRuSeS »

Sorry but i just have one more question. Can i update from 12.04-LTS to 14.04-LTS. or 14.04-LTS to 15.04 without formatting using NFO Server Control?
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

I wasn't going to post, but you should learn to have some patience.

The reason why everyone recommends Gentoo is because you can build the system from scratch. It means you will only run the core necessary programs. This means more resources and less interruptions for game servers. I would always run servers on Linux, simply because of the fact that its much easier to maintain them on Linux. Especially with CSGO, funding offsets and signatures is a pain on Windows.
ViRuSeS
A regular
A regular

Post by ViRuSeS »

$atanic $pirit wrote:I wasn't going to post, but you should learn to have some patience.

The reason why everyone recommends Gentoo is because you can build the system from scratch. It means you will only run the core necessary programs. This means more resources and less interruptions for game servers. I would always run servers on Linux, simply because of the fact that its much easier to maintain them on Linux. Especially with CSGO, funding offsets and signatures is a pain on Windows.
Thanks for answer! I'm really happy because you posted this, you are right 100%
But my problem is the GamePanel for now thats why i'm upset!