Two Question about NFOServers

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
samurai
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Two Question about NFOServers

Post by samurai »

So I am planning to purchase a small private server for me and like 4-ish friends and I had some questions before purchasing.

1. Do your servers automatically come with something in the Control Panel to enable 100 tick, or do I need to get a plugin like Tickrate_Enabler?

2. Do your servers automatically come with Sourcemod and Metamod, or will I need to install it myself? (I'm assuming that it is already installed but just making sure.)
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Two Question about NFOServers

Post by soja »

1. Depends on the game. Which game are you looking at?

2. Games that support sourcemod/metamod have autoinstallers that allow for a 1-click install.
Not a NFO employee
samurai
New to forums
New to forums

Post by samurai »

Looking to do this for CS:S
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

CS:S does not officially support 100 tick. You can re-enable the -tickrate command line option to allow your server to run at 100 tick using a plugin called tickrate enabler.

The official site hosting tickrate enabler seems to have gone down, but I have a copy of the currently working plugin: http://i.gflclan.com/addons.rar

There can be side effects for servers running 100 tick: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4627&p=20709
Not a NFO employee
samurai
New to forums
New to forums

Post by samurai »

Like I said in my original post is asking if 100 tick was in the Control Panel and said I already know about Tickrate Enabler (A friend sent me a fix already as I've just been hosting it from my PC, but decided I wanted to host it so my family doesn't have bad internet all the time.
samurai
New to forums
New to forums

Post by samurai »

Really need the 100 tick btw as 66 tick bhop does not feel right in CS:S as everyone who plays with me has been playing 2-8 years bhop and all are used to that and so am I.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

A 100 tick option is not in the control panel. You are allowed to use plugins like tickrate enabler to raise it. After you install the plugin open a support ticket to get -tickrate 100 added to your servers command line.
Not a NFO employee
samurai
New to forums
New to forums

Post by samurai »

Ok, thanks sounds perfect :D
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Great, sorry i missed your mention of tickrate enabler in your op, its still early morning for me lol.
Not a NFO employee