Feedback.

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
enghell
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Feedback.

Post by enghell »

I've been a costumer for a while, with some servers, actually i only one server due that i have no time to give them some kind of maintenance.

Here it comes the important part:
The only threethings i can think to improve right now are:
1) The main page for nfoservers.com it needs a new look for real. It looks a bit old and you know the appearence sells the steak.
3) The look of the control panel, well it's 2016 and a pretty responsive design is what it needs.
2) Two factor authentication for the control panel.

Thanks for your attention, and i'm very happy with all the business we have had.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Feedback.

Post by kraze »

Thanks for your feedback! We definitely appreciate hearing from customers.

An overhaul of the website is definitely planned. Sadly, it's an enormous project due to how many systems/scripts are integrated into it, but it's definitely something we want to do! A responsive/updated control panel is also something we want to do. We have discussed a few times on creating a more responsive control panel for mobile (possibly even an app). Again, a very large project, but it's definitely on the to-do list. For now I'd recommend switching to one of our updated themes, you can find it listed as "simple" on the My account tab in your control panel. Two-factor, also another thing that is planned and is a bit higher on the to-do since its security related.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

I actually like the site as is, reminds me as the good ol days. If it's usable and easy to get around.. why change it.

The responsive cp / mobile app and two factor auth should be top priority.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I actually like the site as is, reminds me as the good ol days. If it's usable and easy to get around.. why change it.
We like our site too! But there are many things we can do to modernize the site to make it more appealing to a broader audience while still maintaining its look and ease of navigation.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Redesigning the site and control panel to work better on mobile is a relatively high priority, as are security improvements such as two-step authentication.

These fight with many other high-priority tasks for time. DDoS attacks are one task that seems to take an endless amount, and those can never wait to be handled. Behind-the-scenes security improvements and updates have to happen frequently. New games are waiting to be supported. Machines have to be rolled out. Annoying business tasks such as budgeting, taxes, and licensing negotiations are important. Hardware upgrades and rollouts (including VDS machine replacements and router updates) have a high billing. And, of course, just general customer support, which we have a reputation for doing quickly and well that we need to maintain :).
enghell
New to forums
New to forums

Post by enghell »

Thanks for your answer, i did though on that, since i'm used to work on backend systems that are a mess of views model and controller in the same file, so i can recomment that a way to speedup a cosmetic upgrade and also the perfomance and future site maintenance is make a REST API so that there is never any kind of "insecure" data to show to anyone whos given the work to handle the look of your homepage, but there are many other ways, but from my point of view a rest api is the best thing to do, also, with the rest api an implementation of a mobile app would be easier and implement many other services would become easier too, it's just about find time to work on it since as i imagine it, you have some data that you dont want someone else to watch in the homepage and or control panel.
MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Post by MasterSeal »

I adore everything about NFO. The site is seriously comfortable, easy to navigate, and the control panel in red theme is simple enough without a bunch of unnecessary eye-candy IMO.
Thanks for everything you do! I know the task of running this place is immensely daunting, as I've done it before, Just no where near the complexity of NFO.
I really feel welcome here, your customer service is impeccable, NO ONE internationally or at home compares. In 15 years of doing the admin/clan owner/server programmer, modder blah blah thing I cannot say I've ever encountered anyone anymore knowledgeable and respectful about it than the staff here at NFO, That includes yer CEO:)

I can't say enough good things about this place, I've never been more comfortable anywhere else as a clan owner.
I have to mention your prices. I cannot believe how affordable they are!
The mobile app thing is a cool idea as well as the savvy "responsive" term for mobile design for the main site as well. I'm sure it'll come with time.
IMO once again I could always keep what's here. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda deal. I understand forward movement though so I'm curious to see where this all leads.

Ok enough for now as I could go on forever seemingly.
Thanks for reading my rant.

D
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!
Public Teamspeak: ts.OutCastSnipers.com