Procon

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
MasterSeal
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Procon

Post by MasterSeal »

Hello. I've rented countless servers here, even a vds/vps what not.. and I love your service.
I currently host my clan's Website, Game servers and TS3 here and I'd go no where else to do so.
I just have one complaint.
I don't want to have to go to a competing host to give them my money to run procon layers here.

Will you ever host PROCON layers here for all the frostbite games?

Games included (you probably know this already_

Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4

PROCON blows away B3 in so many ways. I'm sure you all know about it. JUST IN CASE you don't...

http://www.myrcon.com etc.

I really want to give YOU my money for procon layers. Right now I'm paying $2 a server/layer a month somewhere else.
It'd be nice to see PROCON on my left-hand services/servers etc. column instead of having to go somewhere else.
Thank you for your time.
D
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!
Public Teamspeak: ts.OutCastSnipers.com

MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Re: Procon

Post by MasterSeal »

I also forgot to add Battlefield Hard Line in the list of games. I wasn't able to edit the first post. Cheers.

D
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!

kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Procon is something we've talked about a lot, and it's something we know a lot of people want. Some time ago we determined that implementing Procon into our current system would be fairly difficult, more so then some other things frequently suggested. Procon support still may come eventually, but there are current no short-term plans to get it added.

Depending on the amount of servers you have renting a smaller Windows VDS may be worth it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Post by MasterSeal »

Understood. Thank you much for your reply!
kraze wrote: Depending on the amount of servers you have renting a smaller Windows VDS may be worth it.
The VDS thing... I only host 1-2 layers for the 1-2 servers I'll ever have, we're so small as a clan just starting out with a new name and new direction that we cannot really afford more.

I might look into your Linux 1 core cheapie VDS at some point for the ability to run 1-3 layers on it without any bandwidth or bottleneck issues.

I just have to be sure that it's worth the work and setup effort that Linux VS windows creates.

Thanks again for your time!

D
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!