Battlefield 1

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 1

Post by markym »

Hi guys, I'm really loving the direction Battlefield 1 is going. Does the NFO team know if you will be hosting servers for it as you've done in the past. Battlefield 1 is an upcoming World War I first-person shooter video game developed by EA DICE and published by Electronic Arts. Launch date in about 4 months 10/21/16!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by Vanderburg »

We'd certainly like to! Unfortunately, we just don't have any information on Battlefield 1 at the moment.
gimp
New to forums
New to forums

Post by gimp »

Please keep us updated!
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

any new info yet ...game's due out next month and my group would like to rent a server for it.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

Im hoping we can get BF1.. I Have a managed box from them so when BF1 goes out im gonna get one. LOVED the beta for it Great game!
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Ditto" the same question above....

NFO is the best, my guys want a server on the best GSP!!
markym
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by markym »

With almost just a month to go I can't find anything on rented servers for Battlefield One --- did NFO run any servers for the Beta that was just out? I'm starting to fear we are going to be forced to work with one provider and I truly hope that's not the case or that they are going to run their own servers.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We did not run any servers for the beta :/ It doesn't look like anyone else did either! My best guess here is that EA/Dice may be moving to an internal system where they run the servers and sell them directly to customers, but then again I don't really know..
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

If that turns out to be the case, then it just gets worse and worse with each release. I will not be buying BF1. :roll:
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

kraze wrote:My best guess here is that EA/Dice may be moving to an internal system where they run the servers and sell them directly to customers, but then again I don't really know..
Lotta rumors flying around that are pointing in that direction. I've been watching a "Plans For Running BF1 Servers" thread over at Procon for several months now and halfway thru page 3 (https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php ... attlefield) you begin to see where this is going. A few days ago, on page 4, Kcuestag (thru conversations with _Tiggr on Twitter) posted this:

"And yes, it is 100% correct, there won't be RCON support and if you choose to rent a server, you won't be able to choose even which provider will host it... DICE will decide that. -.-"

Summarizing that thread, it looks like EA/DICE may rent all servers themselves. In this scenario, you'll have no choice over location bc "they'll run mostly in VMs like Azure, AWS, etc". Some are saying that EA/DICE might use GSP servers like NFO but still rent them out themselves. Regardless tho... You'll probably have "no access to server files" with "servers severely locked down". Which probably means "no Procon support or 3rd party rcon support".

Take all this with a grain of salt; we won't know anything until BF1 officially releases, but this wouldn't surprise me in the least.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Every day its leaning towards EA setting this up as they did with BF4 console players, renting from them. I mean look at what they did with battlefront http://swbstats.com barely any PC players.

Simple solution don't buy BF1, I know I won't be. There will be plenty of better games such as battalion 1944, Days of War and my game I'm most looking forward to Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Which I hope NFo will be hosting :)
plasma
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by plasma »

If we can rent servers, and there isn't any procon, I hope there is someway into dealing with hackers, etc.
ChickenWings
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ChickenWings »

If this is the case they will lose Tons of people for BF1 PC. Communitys don't want DICE controling what we can do. Its bad enough that if its an OFFICIAL server you can't ban/kick players for hacking or RACISM. So if they do this im sure it will be the same way...
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

They dont care if they lose tons of PC players. The consoles are their market now, and PC is just an after thought. It is easier this way, since console players generally have a much lower expectation level for a game than a PC player does. Minimum expectations means minimum effort with maximum profit. And that is what it is all about.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

ChickenWings wrote:If this is the case they will lose Tons of people for BF1 PC. Communitys don't want DICE controling what we can do. Its bad enough that if its an OFFICIAL server you can't ban/kick players for hacking or RACISM. So if they do this im sure it will be the same way...
Agree, they clearly don't care about the players that made their company and games popular in the first place.