Australian Location?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
stickz
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Australian Location?

Post by stickz »

Have you guys thought about adding an Australian location for VPS's? There are very few good hosting providers out there; which makes it a pain to properly host things like web/game servers.

I was looking for a host a few days ago with enough hard-drive space for a CDN node; but couldn't find one at a reasonable price range. Latency/routing is killing these types of clients when sending content over fastdl, which is really lame.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Australian Location?

Post by Edge100x »

We have considered it, but it is extremely expensive to get the amount of bandwidth that we would need in order to help defend customers against DDoS attacks in that part of the world.
stickz

Post by stickz »

Have you considered just offering VPSs until purchases exceed a high enough threshold to upgrade bandwidth? Something would definitely be better than nothing; even if it meant having to null-route until the location becomes popular enough.

People have a usage for VPSs more than the limited window you market for "Game-Servers". Content distribution is anther aspect that is heavily undervalued; of which many cloud-based providers thrive on without even mentioning them. They are however unable to offer the needed hardrive-space or higher amounts of scalability without driving costs up to dedicated.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

The up-front cost of opening a new location is extremely high. If we were going to offer a new location it'd make sense to offer as many services there as we could to get as much business there as possible.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!