So... No info about what happened with NFO last night?.... cool.

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Jgr9
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

So... No info about what happened with NFO last night?.... cool.

Post by Jgr9 »

Nothing? No service disruption?...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: So... No info about what happened with NFO last night?.... cool.

Post by Edge100x »

Our website was unreachable for some clients due to a DoS attack for about an hour. Is that what you are thinking of? Other servers and services continued to function normally during that outage, so its impact was thankfully limited (the biggest impact was that the control panel also experienced problems).

I responded to a question asked on Facebook about it and meant to post about it separately there, but did not. It's a bit late to do that now, but if you have further questions, I will do my best to answer them, within the scope of what I can say without releasing information that might have value to the attacker.

If you have an an important question for us directly, and you can't access the control panel to submit it there, you can send us an email at support@nfoservers.com. Standard customer support via email remained available before, during, and after the attack, with staff responding rapidly. (These forums were also online, as was our IRC channel, but for time-sensitive assistance, it's always best to contact us directly.)
Jgr9
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jgr9 »

Our NYC TF2 server went down twice during or around that time and at least the 2nd time (maybe the first as well), the website was inaccessible.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Jgr9 wrote:Our NYC TF2 server went down twice during or around that time and at least the 2nd time (maybe the first as well), the website was inaccessible.
It's possible your server went down if it was using a MySQL database. A lot of plugins tend to freak out if a MySQL connection is severed and they end up crashing the server. Since our databases are based out of Seattle it's feasible the connection there was dropped temporarily.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!