There will NOT be any 3rd Party Servers for Battlefield 1

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
MoNeYINPHX
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

There will NOT be any 3rd Party Servers for Battlefield 1

Post by MoNeYINPHX »

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/di ... ram#latest

EA has gotten rid of the RSP partners for Battlefield 1. The only way you will be able to get your own server is to rent one from EA. Similar to the way consoles had their dedicated servers. I feel bad for clans who rented servers for themselves and NFO since they will most likely be taking a hit in income since clans usually switched their subscriptions to the latest Battlefield game.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: There will NOT be any 3rd Party Servers for Battlefield 1

Post by Edge100x »

We all lose from this. Including EA. But, it may not be easy for them to see it in their numbers, so I don't expect them to undo it based on revenue (and revenue is ultimately what matters to a public company that is beholden to shareholders).

This topic also talks about it: viewtopic.php?f=93&p=72516
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Anyone with common sense knew this wasn't coming. Oh well, there are going to be plenty of games this fall and early 2017 that will overshadow bf1.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Notice that post did not mention the ability to kick/ban players from a custom server??
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

FWIW the thread is locked and you cant post a response. I clicked the little button to report the post and then went on to tell EA exactly what I think of their decision and informed them they lost a customer. I would encourage you to do the same, if you wish to voice you opinion directly. No one else will get to see your response, but THEY surely will.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Also, I appreciate the support that I've seen in the BF4 forums for NFO (in the various other threads). I was glad to hear that many have had a positive experience here and would prefer to keep it going.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

Edge100x wrote:Also, I appreciate the support that I've seen in the BF4 forums for NFO (in the various other threads). I was glad to hear that many have had a positive experience here and would prefer to keep it going.
John, NFO is quite simply the best GSP out there and I have tried nearly every one.

Your combination of hardware, premium bandwidth and customer support are second to none.

I'm confident the BF1 servers will not run or play as well, as they would have at NFO.
Soulzz
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Soulzz »

Edge100x wrote:Also, I appreciate the support that I've seen in the BF4 forums for NFO (in the various other threads). I was glad to hear that many have had a positive experience here and would prefer to keep it going.
There is no comparison :). Not even close.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

"All You Need to Know about the Battlefield 1 Rent-a-Server Program"

Learn how to Set Up your Own Battlefield 1 Servers

Following the Battlefield™ 1 launch, we will start rolling out a Rent-a-Server Program that will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

Starting close after launch, you will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1. In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.

Expect to hear more about it as we approach the release of the Rent-a-Server program. We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield!