NFO Hosting BO3 Servers?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
FF Major FAIL
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO Hosting BO3 Servers?

Post by FF Major FAIL »

I really did search before posting this, because I just know I'm not the first to ask...
Didn't find anything, so....
Will you guys be hosting BO3 servers now that the files are out?

Thanks for your time.
BBWallinator
New to forums
New to forums

Re: NFO Hosting BO3 Servers?

Post by BBWallinator »

FF Major FAIL wrote:I really did search before posting this, because I just know I'm not the first to ask...
Didn't find anything, so....
Will you guys be hosting BO3 servers now that the files are out?

Thanks for your time.

+1

Wall
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It is something that we will be certainly looking into.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Good to know. Cod4 Remastered files will be out soon as well and I hope you guys setup quickly for it.
FF Major FAIL
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FF Major FAIL »

Edge100x wrote:It is something that we will be certainly looking into.
Good to hear, thanks again
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I was going to mention this, but since the player base is pretty much non-existent and I seriously doubt there will be much demand, I did not mention it because I thought John's time could be better used elsewhere. Unfortunately these servers are not ranked, and just like MW3, not played much. Currently the servers do not meet the requirements for NFO to host, but they may down the road. While port binding is possible, IP binding currently is not. Server installs are possible via SteamCMD. Server demands are quite low. Server is about 3.2 gigs in all. Software still has some bugs. RCON is limited atm but available. Important server settings are embedded in fastfiles and can not be altered atm, ie number of players. So an 18 slot free for all or S&D could be quite messy. Custom maps / mod are possible as well. Seems you need to subscribe first for custom maps, another bug IMHO.

TBH, you and NFO would be much better off if you just installed and hosted your own server from a unmanaged VDS.

We have created server banners, if/when you do set one up if you wish to use it.

You can go to http://www.gameservertrack.com and put in your server info. Above is a small sample of our servers. They are all hosted on NFO full dedicated boxes, in Atlanta and Chicago. If you want to test them out. 8)
BBWallinator
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BBWallinator »

TacTicToe wrote:I was going to mention this, but since the player base is pretty much non-existent and I seriously doubt there will be much demand, I did not mention it because I thought John's time could be better used elsewhere. Unfortunately these servers are not ranked, and just like MW3, not played much. Currently the servers do not meet the requirements for NFO to host, but they may down the road. While port binding is possible, IP binding currently is not. Server installs are possible via SteamCMD. Server demands are quite low. Server is about 3.2 gigs in all. Software still has some bugs. RCON is limited atm but available. Important server settings are embedded in fastfiles and can not be altered atm, ie number of players. So an 18 slot free for all or S&D could be quite messy. Custom maps / mod are possible as well. Seems you need to subscribe first for custom maps, another bug IMHO.

TBH, you and NFO would be much better off if you just installed and hosted your own server from a unmanaged VDS.

We have created server banners, if/when you do set one up if you wish to use it.

You can go to http://www.gameservertrack.com and put in your server info. Above is a small sample of our servers. They are all hosted on NFO full dedicated boxes, in Atlanta and Chicago. If you want to test them out. 8)

Thanks for the input and opinion but as a customer I would like it.

Regards

Wall
FF Major FAIL
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FF Major FAIL »

Sigh...

Seriously...
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

BBWallinator wrote: Thanks for the input and opinion but as a customer I would like it.

Regards

Wall
Irrelevant and moot. If it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for NFO to host, they are probably not going to host just because you and a select few would like it. Doesn't meant they won't, just that it is far less likely. It has to be worth the time and effort for them to make it functional in their system to offer to clients for hosting.

In the mean time, you should seriously consider my "opinion" and host it yourself via an un-managed VDS. I think you will see pretty quick why it is not currently a good and viable option for NFO to spend their time setting up to host.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

This is a peak playing time sorted by players. Taken today. 63 servers at this time, and not enough players to fill one server.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

It'sRandinator wrote:Good to know. Cod4 Remastered files will be out soon as well and I hope you guys setup quickly for it.
Source?
FF Major FAIL
New to forums
New to forums

Post by FF Major FAIL »

TacTicToe wrote:
BBWallinator wrote: Thanks for the input and opinion but as a customer I would like it.

Regards

Wall
Irrelevant and moot. If it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for NFO to host, they are probably not going to host just because you and a select few would like it. Doesn't meant they won't, just that it is far less likely. It has to be worth the time and effort for them to make it functional in their system to offer to clients for hosting.

In the mean time, you should seriously consider my "opinion" and host it yourself via an un-managed VDS. I think you will see pretty quick why it is not currently a good and viable option for NFO to spend their time setting up to host.
Ok, look here...
What's "irrelevant and moot" is your condescending, arrogant posts. I opened this thread to ask a simple question to NFO.
I, personally, don't care what you think about what "we should do".
The only "opinion" of yours that I would like, is...
Does this middle finger make me look fat?
BBWallinator
New to forums
New to forums

Post by BBWallinator »

FF Major FAIL wrote:
TacTicToe wrote:

Regards

Wall

Ok, look here...
What's "irrelevant and moot" is your condescending, arrogant posts. I opened this thread to ask a simple question to NFO.
I, personally, don't care what you think about what "we should do".
The only "opinion" of yours that I would like, is...
Does this middle finger make me look fat?
Yes TTT we are asking our provider not you. We were respectful .. you were not.

Wall
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We appreciate the input here. Please do keep it professional, though!

If BO3 does not support IP binding, it may not be possible to add it yet, but we'll still take a look when we can. The description of its other functionality is in line with previous CoD-engine games.
C45P3R
New to forums
New to forums

Post by C45P3R »

Edge100x wrote:We appreciate the input here. Please do keep it professional, though!

If BO3 does not support IP binding, it may not be possible to add it yet, but we'll still take a look when we can. The description of its other functionality is in line with previous CoD-engine games.
Black Ops 3 does support IP and port binding...net_port and net_ip both work...