Not updated copyright, and bad ftp certificates?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Bittiez
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Not updated copyright, and bad ftp certificates?

Post by Bittiez »

Hey guys, I was just curious/wanted to point out a couple things:

The main nfo website has a copyright from 2013, what's going on with that?

When I connect to my website through ftp, it always tells me the certificate is expired

I'm not particularly concerned about either of these, I'm not going anywhere, but it does make me slightly nervous knowing the company I trust with all my games erver and website data hasn't updated these in years =/
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Not updated copyright, and bad ftp certificates?

Post by Vanderburg »

It tells you the certificate is expired because you have encryption enabled on your FTP client (Likely FileZilla), when we don't use it. To get around this, you can simply add the site to your Sites Manager and explicitly disable encryption, or you can use SFTP (The method we recommend) which uses the same credentials listed on the File Manager tab of your webhosting control panel, but on port 22 instead of 21.
Bittiez
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Not updated copyright, and bad ftp certificates?

Post by Bittiez »

Vanderburg wrote:It tells you the certificate is expired because you have encryption enabled on your FTP client (Likely FileZilla), when we don't use it. To get around this, you can simply add the site to your Sites Manager and explicitly disable encryption, or you can use SFTP (The method we recommend) which uses the same credentials listed on the File Manager tab of your webhosting control panel, but on port 22 instead of 21.
Ah, good to know, thank you.