Looking to order... but not sure what I should order...

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
NYCMedic
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Looking to order... but not sure what I should order...

Post by NYCMedic »

Greetings,

I was referred to you by an existing customer who uses your services and very happy with NFO Servers.

Im not a huge gamer... But I do play a little on Xbox 360.

I have a Virtual Server with liquid Web where i host a few customers websites and their email accounts. Its not a lot... as I only do it for those I design their sites. Most are small local shops selling a few products online so I make use of Opencart and a few other PHP and MySQL databases. This Hosting Reseller Server is a fully managed server with tech support etc... and a comes with CPanel.

So my question is...

Do you offer a server where I can host my customers website and have a control panel that will allow me to manage them like CPanel and offer me DDOS protection from getting booted offline when I game on Xbox?

Like I said... Im not a huge gamer... but I do game a little on GTA V on a Xbox 360 and from time to time you run into the occasional modder who mods for the power and not the fun and next thing you know you're being DDOS offline which is really nothing more than just a inconvenience. But with more and more modders its happening more often.... and now becomes annoying.

I was talking to one modder I know who uses your servers to protect himself from being booted and loves it. So here I am wondering if you have a solution for me? I thought of just getting the same he has... 1 core system... but figured why not just move my hosting server over to you if it can be all done in one place right?

Oh... if you can provide a single source solution for me... can you also assist with migration from my current server provider over to the new server?

I look forward to your reply.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Looking to order... but not sure what I should order...

Post by Edge100x »

If you like cPanel, you might consider licensing it and installing it on a VDS here, and then continuing in the environment that you are familiar with. cPanel supports CentOS 6 and CentOS 7: https://documentation.cpanel.net/displa ... tion+Guide. It looks like a cPanel VPS license costs $20 a month.

I'd recommend that you consider a 2-core configuration for performance reasons -- it's good to be able to have two processes running full-speed simultaneously.

In terms of also using the VDS as a VPN/proxy, you could do that, but you might also want to consider using a separate VDS for just that, to keep the configuration simpler and make sure that attacks on your proxy do not impact your hosted sites. We have a KB article on how to easily set up OpenVPN on Debian/Ubuntu here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034
NYCMedic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NYCMedic »

Thank you for your reply.

My current server is a CentOS 6. Would you guys handle everything for me? In other words... install everything and the license and I would pay you guys as part of my package with you?

Im thinking maybe doing the 4 core config? Will I need to add anything else to be able to offer website hosting and emails on my server.

Sorry for all the questions.

Im going to order through you guys and will order whatever you suggest. So maybe we should start with the DDOS protection when Im playing on GTA on my Xbox 360. You say I should have a seperate system for that... should i get a single core virtul server system for that? That would be $7.99 a month for that one alone right? is that what you mean? Is there anything else I would need? And how does that work? I know I have to connect to xbox live through my PC right? And then how does my PC go through the proxy or whatever to protect me from DDOS? Does it show a different IP address on Xbox when they pull my IP?

I just want to be sure I got all this down pat. Once I know what to order I will order it right away. LIke now!!! LOL Just want to be sure I order the right stuff and get the support I will need to set it all up.

Can someone call me or can I call someone to discuss? If so ... i sent an email inquirt early this morning or you can PM me a number of a contact to call.

Thank you!!!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We would not be able to do the work for you on an unmanaged VDS. We would continue to do our best to answer questions here, but you'd need to handle the software yourself.

You would have to pay for the cPanel license directly from its developer, as we are not a reseller of cPanel.

The 4-core configuration would certainly work.

A single-core Linux-only VDS is sufficient for pretty much any VPN application, yes. You would need to buy the VDS and then follow the instructions in the guide for OpenVPN (either set of them) or install a different VPN software. If your home router supports OpenVPN, you could then configure it to forward your traffic through the VPN; otherwise, you'd likely need to use connection sharing through a Windows PC. Others here may have more specific advice on using a VPN with the Xbox 360, as I have not tried it myself. Once the VPN is set up properly, you'd be using a different public IP address through your game console.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

NYCMedic wrote:Greetings,

I was referred to you by an existing customer who uses your services and very happy with NFO Servers.

Im not a huge gamer... But I do play a little on Xbox 360.

I have a Virtual Server with liquid Web where i host a few customers websites and their email accounts. Its not a lot... as I only do it for those I design their sites. Most are small local shops selling a few products online so I make use of Opencart and a few other PHP and MySQL databases. This Hosting Reseller Server is a fully managed server with tech support etc... and a comes with CPanel.

So my question is...

Do you offer a server where I can host my customers website and have a control panel that will allow me to manage them like CPanel and offer me DDOS protection from getting booted offline when I game on Xbox?

Like I said... Im not a huge gamer... but I do game a little on GTA V on a Xbox 360 and from time to time you run into the occasional modder who mods for the power and not the fun and next thing you know you're being DDOS offline which is really nothing more than just a inconvenience. But with more and more modders its happening more often.... and now becomes annoying.

I was talking to one modder I know who uses your servers to protect himself from being booted and loves it. So here I am wondering if you have a solution for me? I thought of just getting the same he has... 1 core system... but figured why not just move my hosting server over to you if it can be all done in one place right?

Oh... if you can provide a single source solution for me... can you also assist with migration from my current server provider over to the new server?

I look forward to your reply.
I'm sorry, but how does a modder on GTA boot you offline??? I play GTA:O on PC and modders do not have the capability do boot users offline using their panel, they can crash your game if your PC is old enough.
NYCMedic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NYCMedic »

There are tools on GTA and now mod menues that give a modder your ip. then they use an IP stressor.... but that is not what this thread is about.
NYCMedic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NYCMedic »

Does anyone know of a reputable service that can assist me with my needs... as it appears NFO are too busy to respond to presale inquiries.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

This is the community forum for community support. If you want to speak to us directly, you should instead contact our support at support@nfoservers.com or through the Help! tab on the NFO Control Panel.

We do not use cPanel here, we instead opt for a custom panel with varying features for our webhosting. Email accounts can be configured as part of that. We also offer some autoinstallers for a few popular pieces of software.

In regards to wanting to find a reputable host to handle attacks while you mod on Xbox, which is what provokes such attacks, I don't think you are going to find a reputable company that will actively assist you with that. If someone is using our services for that, we certainly did not help them set that up.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

NYCMedic wrote:Does anyone know of a reputable service that can assist me with my needs... as it appears NFO are too busy to respond to presale inquiries.
I have been closely monitoring the thread and I replied to what you asked. You didn't ask anything more after my last response.
NYCMedic
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NYCMedic »

Funny... I submitted a request prior to coming on the forum. The reason I came to the forum is my inquiry ty this day still has been not responded to.

Can you PLEASE have someone call me? If you say yes I will send you a PM with my phone number.

Thank you
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

We reply to all support requests that come in, usually within minutes. If you believe you've received no reply, please ensure you check any spam folder setup for your email.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Also, if you have a control panel account, all support requests can be found in the Help! tab of the control panel.