About VPS/VDS security, what do you recommend? Please Help

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
mcastellanos1992
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

About VPS/VDS security, what do you recommend? Please Help

Post by mcastellanos1992 »

Hello Everyone, let me tell you a bit about my experience, i hired a VPS service in another place to host a game server, and someone else break into the VPS and started making attacks (DDoS attacks) to a banking system in Korea... Not good...
The things is, i would like to someone give me a link, a guide, or suggest me what to do in order to close all ports in my VPS/VDS, open the ones i need, protect the ones that i already have open, should i install an antivirus or not? what setting do you reccomend for firewall? Please help, i want to host in NFO but i lreally need security advices.

Regards, Martin Castellanos
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: About VPS/VDS security, what do you recommend? Please Help

Post by Edge100x »

If you use Windows, we have some recommendations here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4746

If you use Linux, it should come with better security by default. You mostly have to make sure that you always use good passwords with any services you install, that you use well-supported software from reputable developers, and that you keep your software up-to-date.
mcastellanos1992
New to forums
New to forums

Re: About VPS/VDS security, what do you recommend? Please Help

Post by mcastellanos1992 »

Edge100x wrote:If you use Windows, we have some recommendations here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4746

If you use Linux, it should come with better security by default. You mostly have to make sure that you always use good passwords with any services you install, that you use well-supported software from reputable developers, and that you keep your software up-to-date.

I apreciatte it so much