Edge | 2 Step Authentication

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Sawmilll
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Edge | 2 Step Authentication

Post by Sawmilll »

I was wondering through many people. Will there and if there will be , when there will be a 2 Step Authentication feature. Many hosts have 2Step and NFO being the leading host I feel as if us clients deserve better protection. This is not directed to be rude in any way, I just really hope this gets implemented. :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Edge | 2 Step Authentication

Post by Edge100x »

This has been mentioned in many other posts and it is near the top of the priority list. As I have said in the other posts, it will have to be accompanied by other hardening changes to our login system, making it a complicated project. I don't have any new information on a specific timeframe for when it will be finished yet.
Sawmilll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Sawmilll »

Thank you and appreciate the response. Reason for me asking is I've ran many community's off of you guys most of them have issues with un authorized access. I really hope 2 step would fix that. I love NFO's quality of servers and with 2S tep would it not only complete my satisfaction but would make me and people of the community feel safe.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have not seen many customers having problems with unauthorized access. For those who do, and lose it, it is usually easy to recover access using the tool at https://www.nfoservers.com/control/lostemail.pl.

In most cases, the customer also has had their 3rd party personal email compromised, so 2-step authentication would not help. But, it could still help to slow down attackers in other cases.

Password strength is always important, regardless, as are using different passwords for each service and turning on 2-step authentication for email accounts.