Adverizement help for a new server?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
namns35
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Adverizement help for a new server?

Post by namns35 »

Hello everyone, I recently decided it was time to make a gmod server, after hours of looking for a good host i stumbled upon NFO. At first i was sceptical about putting any of my paypal information towards a server, but after reading some reviews on NFO i decided i would do it. And its a good thing i did this has been the best server hosting I've ever had, Excellent customer support and nearly lightning fast replys on support tickets. I thought it was going to be a days wait but it turned out to be a 60 second wait.

Anyways, Now that i have my server up i was wondering if i could get some tips on advertising to get more people to play, (It takes 10+ players to get real rp going). I've spent countles hours into making this server and all i really want is to see it grow very successful.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Adverizement help for a new server?

Post by hiimcody1 »

namns35 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:42 pm Hello everyone, I recently decided it was time to make a gmod server, after hours of looking for a good host i stumbled upon NFO. At first i was sceptical about putting any of my paypal information towards a server, but after reading some reviews on NFO i decided i would do it. And its a good thing i did this has been the best server hosting I've ever had, Excellent customer support and nearly lightning fast replys on support tickets. I thought it was going to be a days wait but it turned out to be a 60 second wait.

Anyways, Now that i have my server up i was wondering if i could get some tips on advertising to get more people to play, (It takes 10+ players to get real rp going). I've spent countles hours into making this server and all i really want is to see it grow very successful.
A lot of servers tend to advertise themselves on Reddit and in Steam's forum. You could also ask your friends to join you in order to have some people around at first.

I used these tactics when advertising a Minecraft server I ran a few years ago.