Squad host

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Squad host

Post by FAST »

Hey fellas,

Would NFO be inclined to support squad sometime in the future. I understand it does require a little more resources to run flawlessly but i was curious if you have potential plans to run it (minus having it on a full bare machine)
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Squad host

Post by Vanderburg »

We used to host Squad, but unfortunately, they refuse to license any of the servers we host. They claim it's because there's no Xeon capable of running the service properly. Every i7, i9, etc, has a Xeon counterpart that runs as well/better (binning, ECC memory, etc) and we have hardware in place newer/faster than hardware that they regularly do license, but the actual reason is likely due to a dispute about developer access to the servers early on after release.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Okay understood. Shame, because you guys know your stuff and have a very good reputation.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, not sure what's going on there, but they were claiming to our customers that Xeons weren't as fast as i7 machines (which is complete bunk), and not allowing servers to be licensed. We offered them for awhile anyway, but customers were just getting confused and annoyed too often.
WorthlessJ
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by WorthlessJ »

That's a super weird reason to not allow server hosting. LGSM supports squad if you want to try hosting on an unmanaged NFO server. I kinda want to install a squad server to see how heavy it runs haha.