Server Speed

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
honpre88
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Speed

Post by honpre88 »

i m going to be getting an NFo server this week and had a question.

I know NFo servers r some of the fastest servers out there wit ping accel and all.

So i was wondering since SPEED is my only factor when choosing a server is there anyway i can pay for even more speed then u guys r already providing, i live in fla and ur atlanta servers w/ the ping accel gimme and everyone east coast between 20-30 ping which is beautiful.

Is there anyway i can pay for even more bandwidth. like i sed speed is the only thing . all those options and webspace really mean nothing to me i want to rely on my server's connection to keep server busy. i was planning on a 22 slot server wit ping accel but i would be willing to pay as much as u want and even drop a few slots for more speed.
LLLL
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LLLL »

Ping accel. will boost you as much as you can. If your planning on putting a buntch of plugins i would also recommend High CPU priority.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

All the machines have plenty of bandwidth, so if you're looking for even faster all I can think of is to try the different server locations (which it seems you already did), get ping accel, and as LLLL already said get high priority CPU esp if you run lots of plugins. On the note of plugins I've found that too many plugins (at least certain ones) can slow down a server as well so you should keep that in mind too.

The only thing you could pay more for other than that is your own machine, but thats more involved, alot more $$$, and I doubt it would help much as edge and tom keep game server machines at minimal CPU and bandwidth usage so they aren't choked. Also I don't recall at the moment where they host dedicated machines at so Atlanta may not be on that list anyhow.
TimeX
honpre88
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by honpre88 »

8O :(