thinking of renting a server ~ please answer my questions :)

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
cORPSE mAKER
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

thinking of renting a server ~ please answer my questions :)

Post by cORPSE mAKER »

ok, i have heard great things about you guys, and have enjoyed playing in your servers, so you guys are the first company i will likely rent my server from. i am very impressed with the customer support and the extra server setup things. but before i rent, can you guys please answer some of my questions? thanks.

1. i live in florida, but i am probably going to rent a server from New York or Chicago, because we have 3 guys in our clan that live in Canada(all in Ontario, to be exact). do i need the ping accelerator? will it still be <90 ping if i dont have it? even though the server is located in the north?

2. If i do buy the ping accelerator, do i need to pay a one time fee of 20$? or do i need to pay an extra 20$ monthly.

3. how easy is it to add admins to the server?

4. is there any other way to pay besides paypal?

5. for any other clients, how has your expierience with NFo been?

sorry if any of these questions seem a little noobish, this is the first time i have bought a server. i might also think of a couple questions to ask later. thanks for any replies, i am eagerly anticipating my renting of the server. :-)
Supernuker
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Supernuker »

To answer question #5:

Love it, had a NFo server for 2 years now and I don't plan to get rid of it, great server, great support, great control panel. Best there is in my book.
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Re: thinking of renting a server ~ please answer my question

Post by Nick|NFo »

cORPSE mAKER wrote:1. i live in florida, but i am probably going to rent a server from New York or Chicago, because we have 3 guys in our clan that live in Canada(all in Ontario, to be exact). do i need the ping accelerator? will it still be <90 ping if i dont have it? even though the server is located in the north?
The ping accelerator is recommended to buy for a gameserver. Pings would be based on your ISP/location and routing. If you ping less than 90 to a non-accelerated server currently, it would lower pings by about 10 ms more with the ping accelerator.
cORPSE mAKER wrote:2. If i do buy the ping accelerator, do i need to pay a one time fee of 20$? or do i need to pay an extra 20$ monthly.
It is an additional ~$20 monthly.
cORPSE mAKER wrote:3. how easy is it to add admins to the server?
This is done easily on the 'easy setup' page for HL1 based games.
cORPSE mAKER wrote:4. is there any other way to pay besides paypal?
We only use paypal at this time for security and automation purposes.
-Nick
cORPSE mAKER
New to forums
New to forums

Post by cORPSE mAKER »

thanks for the replies you guys, i just activated my server. :)