CAL League haters

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Jerky
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CAL League haters

Post by Jerky »

One thing I hate to see is people who go and complain publicly before going to the source with their issues. I stumbled upon this post today in the CAL forums and was utterly disgusted. All you have is a bunch of haters criticizing stuff that they have no clue about. I figure I'd bring it to this forum's attention to get some support and actually show them the reality of NFO server's and the support offered by them.

It's always unfortunate when a bunch of punk kids get this idea into their head that because the internet is anonymous that they can just say whatever stupid things come to their mouth with no consequence. I stood up for the service I receive and I know my entire 30+ member clan/community would to!

http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=3910

:x
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I definitely see ignorance in many of those posts.

As a reminder to any customers who may be reading this -- communication is key! If you have a problem, bring it to us and we will work with you on it. Things aren't always what they seem to be, and we are good at finding the real cause of performance issues.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I just had to reply with a compitent and slightly more knowledgable post....there was just too much

"tehy sux0rz!" crap in there...
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

That topic is so FUN i wanna go post and mess everything up WOOT!
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Dang it i cant register yet for some reason gotta e-mail administer then CHAOS!!!
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Well to be honest im not goign to say if their servers are good or suck or not but the thing that brings me back to NFo is their control panel.Surprisingly enough it beats the smartFTP sometimes.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I think my post that showed valid reason as to why these guys probably had problems was deleted...heh...I guess no one wants to know that their problems are client side...
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

nope I foudn it, lol
schlafen
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by schlafen »

If I must say so myself, those posts are a complete waste of time and the authors are incompetent fools. Today, November 26th, 2005 is my servers 1 year anniversary. bnd.nuclearfallout.net is the ip or 66.150.188.30. After being here for 1 year, I have never had a single problem with ping/lag/registration. Until recently (last 2 months), I was running the cheapest possible configuration you could imagine: 16 slot public LA Hybrid server. Then, I saw the $2 sale on hybrids so I gave it a shot and added the Ping Accelerator to be fair. I now have a 20 slot public LA hybrid with ping acceleration and no problems! I have seen major corporations like Comcast, SBC, and many others run worse than Nuclearfallout is run in the areas of satisfying the customers and resolving issues. NuclearFallout deserves more respect than any other server company and more respect than most other corporations as a whole! I give my best of luck to anyone who thinks they can find a company with better service than that of NuclearFallout. Thank you for everything guys.

-Sleeper

btw: schlafen means sleep in german
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I'm fairly certain the first server I played on from NFO was probably around 2002 (03 maybe?). It was one of their test servers.

I believe it was 1.6 but the specifics of what I remember were.
32 Person, completely full, and having a stable, below 20 ping from a Chicago server, it made me smile :). It's what prompted me to try to get a hold of my own. Ended up not being able to do so for a while, but I did for a few months but then lost support from the other people who went along w/ it with me so I had to cancel.

Now I got the leader of my new clan to sign up for 2 ping accelerated high priority CSS servers and still <3 NFO.

The list of providers I've used:
GriffinRun
GameDaemons
ReconGamer
ClanServers
w00tservers (long gone now)
VSK Gaming Servers

And probably quite a few more, including some "self supported" ones.

And nothing has topped NFo.

As I stated in my post on the CAL Settings, most of their issues are improper client side settings. And the lack of willingness to contact NFO's support when there may have been a problem. I posted once, now I'm ignoring the thread.
zdc
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

~

Post by zdc »

When I first started doing scrims and matches 4 years ago I often played on NFO servers and always liked the quality of the server. I honestly don't think NFO gets the respect that they deserve mainly because of big name server companies (Velocity, GriffinRun, GameDaemons, HiDef, Recon, aim2game) getting recognized by the counter-strike community because Pro teams are sponsored by them. I've had a server from half the companies I've just listed and all though they are incredible servers, the tech support either sucks or 3 days after the purchase of the server the box gets overloaded from all the little rich kids buying 100 servers a day because Team3D has one.

The only company out of those that I actually liked and would go back to is Velocity. Their tech support is amazing, but so far NFO's tech support has equaled that plus their control panel beats velocity's.
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

Props on forums == advertising.

Advertising == sponsorship

sponsorship == free server

Do the math.

-e
eLectrix
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by eLectrix »

The only opinion I care about is the guy/gal sending the money to the server company every month. They'll tell you the no bs answer.

-e