Locations

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
xwinterfresh
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Locations

Post by xwinterfresh »

How Come In Different Locations; Some Of THe Prices Per Slots Get More Expensive ? like i want to rent a 16 slow CS:CZ Pub. In Los Angeles (Hybrid) is $31.99 Then San Jose(InterNAP) is $48.99. Why Is That ? I Live In San Jose So i would like to get a Less Laggy Server. But Then Also i used to have a Los Angeles Server and It`s About The Same as a San Jose Server. But Why are the Prices Different ? it`s about $17 More. Is It Because that it`s InterNAP ? because i checked the Other Los Angeles(InterNAP) one; and it`s about the same price as the San Jose Location. I Noticed that it was InterNAP. Can you tell me why ?
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

Internap bandwidth costs more, so we have to charge more for servers on that kind of bandwidth. Hybrid LA doesn't use Internap bandwidth, therefore its cheaper and we are able to pass the savings on to you. You can read about it more here.

If you notice, servers hosted on Internap bandwidth is the same pricing at each location. Currently we are having a sale on the Hybrid LA bandwidth only, another reason its cheaper.
-Nick
xwinterfresh
A regular
A regular

Post by xwinterfresh »

k; thx. :D
zdc
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

~

Post by zdc »

How many times do you guys get asked this question on a daily basis? Even though it's listed right on the site main page...

Just curious really. I see it at least 5 times every time I'm on, which isn't very long.