Some presale questions.

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
thespeakerbox
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Some presale questions.

Post by thespeakerbox »

I've been shopping around for a server a while now. When i first came here i thought the prices were outrageous. But after viewing other sellers, and reading the forums here , especially the extensive testimonial thread, i think at least trying NFO is a good choice but i have some quick questions.

For a 22-24 man CS:S server, would accelerator vs hyperaccelerator make a large difference in a source pub. From what i read in the forums, it really seems to make the largest difference in CS v 1.6 or CZ.

Also, would i be able to purchase a domain name from elsewhere and have the link to my server be something like "css.domainname.com" rather than the name.nuclearfallout.net.

Thanks in advance!
zilla
Staff
Staff

Post by zilla »

The hyper accelerator does make a very noticeable difference in hl1 games such as cs and cz. When it comes to source some people say they notice a huge difference and some say they cant tell at all. Its all personal preference! You could try it for a month and if you don’t think its worth it always downgrade to the normal ping accelerator. (You should wait till the end of the billing cycle if you are going to do this so that you do not loose your money.)

In regards to the domain you sure can. You would just need to foward your new domain to either the server ip address or your nfo dns.
Last edited by zilla on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-zilla-

http://www.nuclearfallout.net
#nuclearfallout
#cod2-invite
thespeakerbox
New to forums
New to forums

Post by thespeakerbox »

I also noticed alot of upgrading talk. Is there a sale coming by any chance. Should i hold out for a few days, lol?
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

zilla wrote: (You should wait till the end of the billing cycle if you are going to do this so that you do not loose your money.)
He wouldn't lose any money if he downgraded right?Because its prorated so if he downgraded from hyperaccelerator to ping accelerator which is cheaper he would have the rest of the time he had remaining free right?
zilla
Staff
Staff

Post by zilla »

The only sale we currently have and that I am aware of for the immediate future is on accelerators in both LA and Seattle.

Vampire Hunter X: If you buy a hyper accel, and three days into your month you downgrade to a normal accel you would loose the difference. Upgrades are the only thing that is pro-rated.
-zilla-

http://www.nuclearfallout.net
#nuclearfallout
#cod2-invite
Vampire Hunter X
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Vampire Hunter X »

oh yeah :)