Ticket system

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
freedomsquad
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Ticket system

Post by freedomsquad »

Im sorry but i dont agree with this system. NFO has always had awsome Support and i dont care how fast the reply is a ticket system is more hassle it just is.

I do not rent gameservers anymore but when i did I always rented here because of live support and also good servers, But Mainly because of live support. I truly think that this ticket sytem will make you lose buisness and as for the downgrade in the quality of support I think maybe these prices are a bit to high now. This is not a flame because i have not tryed ur ticket system so anyone browsing wondering about this company I will let you know that they have great servers here and "had" awsome support. I am not sure how there support will be in the future but what i can say is a ticket system is a downgrade from live chat.

Jon what do you think about this? do you think you will lose customers?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Ticket system

Post by Edge100x »

Thank you for your input and I look forward to hearing from you again after you've seen the new system in action. Our experience so far is that it has greatly improved our quality of service, and I think you'll be impressed by it (and I think you'll also be surprised by how close its speed is to chat).

I talk about the many ways that it beats out the old chat-based system here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... f=6&t=4186

If anything, ticketing should gain us customers. It's no joke that the responses we are able to provide with this are much better than what we could do with chat.
freedomsquad
A regular
A regular

Post by freedomsquad »

Sorry, john, I am using ur ticket system now for a issue but the response time is just not as fast.

I really just think like others said that Your live support is what sets NFO aside from your competitors. Not to say that there are not many other things NFO has up its sleeves to crush its competitior :) but what i am saying is that if I had no clue what to do with a server when im buying it. I would rather go with a gsp that is offering live chat. I and many others i think really do find it easyer to talk directly.

I understand the complications with live chat but really think the complications can be worth it if u are looking to keep the buisness flowing.

When you mention your employees needing a break to use the bathroom how that could cause problems. I dont see how? I know your not a Huge Company and all but is it a problem to have atleast 2 Employess on the live chat at all times just incase another needs to use the bathroom or take a quick lunch break?

You mentioned disconnection issues with live chat???
Here is my question.. and i mean no offense at all. How come NFO can manage
To host all these gameservers flawlessly and i really mean that but yet it is so hard to deal with live chat connection isssues?

I really real like that instead of fixing some problems your just cutting the arm off.
I dont mean any offense either because I dont know the extent anyone went to to resolve these issues without removing the live chat.

So with all said i just thought of NFO as the gsp who fixes the problem and and does not just amputate it
freedomsquad
A regular
A regular

Post by freedomsquad »

I meant to say i really dont like that instead of fixing the problem you just cutting the arm off
AciDPuke
A regular
A regular

Post by AciDPuke »

I have to say my first experience with the ticket system worked great. I had a responce and answer in mins, from a business standpoint I think it makes sense its more professional and organized, it allows issues to be tracked from start to finish plus you get a record of everything talked about you lose that in chat screens.
DontWannaName
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by DontWannaName »

I think that Edge is implementing it fine. I would have to say everything you bring up can easily be countered because you arent understanding the full scope of the benefits for you and the staff. Kind of close minded. Live chat is nice and all, I know I enjoyed it, but it has its issues. As long as response times are fast there shouldnt be a problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

freedomsquad wrote:Sorry, john, I am using ur ticket system now for a issue but the response time is just not as fast.
We see the requests just as quickly (within seconds) and handle them instantly. However, we do take a few minutes now to fully research a problem and do a thorough job now instead of immediately responding with small chat messages. This cuts down on the overall time that it takes to handle a problem, and allows us to do it in one contact much more often. Ticketing also makes follow-ups much easier.
I really just think like others said that Your live support is what sets NFO aside from your competitors.
I don't think that's true. I think the quality of service is what sets us apart, and the quality actually goes up with the ticketing system, not down. Chat resulted in a ton of wasted time for both the customer and for us, and lower-quality, less thought-out responses. I know this because I read through a lot of the chats :)

We haven't always had live chat. We started off with just email, and did exclusively email for quite a long time. That is what got us the reputation for quality. Tickets are like a hybrid between chat and email.
I know your not a Huge Company and all but is it a problem to have atleast 2 Employess on the live chat at all times just incase another needs to use the bathroom or take a quick lunch break?
I think you may have the wrong impression about how big we are and how many employees we have ;). We're one of the largest GSPs, but we still make less money than even your local gas station. We can't afford to have 2 employees in live chat at all times. And unfortunately, even when we did have 2 employees online, there would still be times when they had to each juggle multiple customers at once, decreasing the quality of each interaction because they were constantly being interrupted.
You mentioned disconnection issues with live chat???
Yes, and sadly, it was outside our control. Internet connections and browsers can be surprisingly unreliable, and when a browser crashes or connectivity is lost, the chat times out.

I appreciate your input and I recognize that some people will prefer chat, and simply the familiarity of the old system. Many others prefer the greater capabilities of the ticketing system. I am personally in the second camp, from my experience so far as a user of such a system on both sides. My hope is that those who prefer the old method will see the better results that come from the new system over time.
freedomsquad
A regular
A regular

Post by freedomsquad »

ok jon you win lol. I really do hope this works out for you. I will tell you my issue on the ticket system is resolved and the speed of it was quick. i feel ive had bigger issues solved quicker in the past with live chat. its ben a long time since ive rented anything here besides my website anyways.

I will let anyone know that you cannot find better support or servers anywere so if u are person browsing around for a gsp your best bet is to buy here. I really think live chat was awsome but in with the new out with the old i guess. The ticketing system has a 30 second refresh screen to it and u get a reply faster then any other company out there.

So I dont know as you can tell i have mixed feelings about it. I would fully support this idea but I am wondering if the response rates will decrease over time?

anyways good luck with the system and hope it works out like jon says it will :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We'll see how things go in the long run, and if needed, I'll switch us back to the chat option. We've always striven for the absolute best possible service here and we're out to find the best solution for that.

If 30 seconds is too long on the refresh time for the client page, I can lower that down a bit. But, we do typically take a few minutes on tickets to double-check everything and make sure that our replies are complete and resolve each concern as much as possible, so I am hesitant to make it too low.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Either way, John will do whatever works BEST for NFO. If it's the live chat, he will switch back, but if the ticket system works, he will stick with it. All he wants is to make things even better than they already so. So for that, I personally thank you, even though service is already outstanding. :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thank you for the support, Rusty and everyone :)
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

John, can you make it so users added to control panel can also access the ticket system?
Currently I am an added user.
Right now only the primary owners can access the system.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's odd, it should be allowed by default for new secondary users. If it's not, though, you should be able to enable it (as a primary user) by checking the box for "Help!" under the permissions for the secondary.