Is it just me?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Is it just me?

Post by Johnny »

Man, one problem after another for EA's botched relase of Bad Company. Are other servers having problems keeping people in game? I can't tell you how many people have attempted to join our server, only to exit quickly. I also have had the same problem. I was under the impression that Dice/EA put out a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

These NFO servers are so nice, it's a shame that I can't seem to enjoy them thanks to this mess. Anyone have any tricks/tips that have worked? Is punkbuster creating problems?

So very frustrated...I just don't think this game should have been released. I have been gaming now for almost 20 years and this rivals some of the worst experiences I have bad.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Johnny »

List goes on:

Just attempted to join server. Got in twice to be kicked within 2 minutes. Chat is non functional.

Wow, just wow.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There are definitely a lot of bumps in the road with this release. The game is beautiful, but being able to play it online (reliably) is a bit tough at times. There are a lot of components that are buggy or can dynamically break (the server, the client, the Plasma back-end, PunkBuster..)

There are multiple kicking bugs/issues out there right now, and a slew of others as well. I try to maintain a list of them here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =50&t=4277. DICE fixed one of them with R4 but the others remain.

They're trying to triage and work on all of them over there at DICE. They mostly work during the night, U.S. time, since they're in Sweden.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

I most certainly understand release-day bugs...however Battlefield has always been a multiplayer only platform. Even though this game was designed for a console initially, more planning should have been done with that aspect.

Moving forward, thanks for letting me vent. I played last night with a full server, things ran smoothly. It was the first time this happened. This morning, I attempted to join an empty server, to test out admin commands and I was kicked 6 times in a row. I am still not able to get in right now. Any suggestions? I am thinking they did not fix what they attempted to fix?
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

I have been monitoring the BFBC2 forums. I know this being kicked problem is widespread. Apparently a number of people who downloaded from Steam initially ran an experiment; they uninstalled the steam installation, redownloaded and installed a fresh copy from Direct2Drive and presto, the game worked beautifully. I am not saying this is a definitive answer, but by the mixed problems and comments on the userboards, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that Steam's version could be a bugged one

What do you think?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I believe the only difference between the versions is the Steam wrapper is used to load the game. Once inside it, both should behave the same. But I'm not completely certain of that.

If you were running the beta, have you completely removed that from your machine already (including the bits it put in "My documents")? Sometimes that helps, as I understand it.
j0rd0n420
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by j0rd0n420 »

I had some left over folders from the beta in my documents and steam folder which I deleted and then ran punkbuster update and that fixed most of the issues for me.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Agreed. I removed all the beta folders etc just after it ended. I also updated PB. I am still getting kicked on a regular basis. I will continue to experiment...eventually I am sure things will get ironed out. Thanks for the info guys.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There are also some serious back-end problems today that EA is working on. They've actually asked us to shut down all of our normal (non-rented) pub servers to try to reduce the load on their systems.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

That's a positive sign (glass half full obviously). I will keep my fingers crossed.
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

Johnny wrote:That's a positive sign (glass half full obviously). I will keep my fingers crossed.
A pessimist is just an optimist with experience :mrgreen:
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

AstroZombie wrote:
Johnny wrote:That's a positive sign (glass half full obviously). I will keep my fingers crossed.
A pessimist is just an optimist with experience :mrgreen:

Good stuff mah brother :)
AstroZombie
A regular
A regular

Post by AstroZombie »

This server does not appear to be online. It could be changing maps or it could be completely down.
Would it be possible to add, "or it could be down to EA and DICES lack of planning and foresight" Just sayin...
"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead."
Good judgment comes from experience…and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Maybe I should on that one ;)
=DPG=
New to forums
New to forums

Post by =DPG= »

Johnny wrote:Man, one problem after another for EA's botched relase of Bad Company. Are other servers having problems keeping people in game? I can't tell you how many people have attempted to join our server, only to exit quickly. I also have had the same problem. I was under the impression that Dice/EA put out a fix for this, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

These NFO servers are so nice, it's a shame that I can't seem to enjoy them thanks to this mess. Anyone have any tricks/tips that have worked? Is punkbuster creating problems?

So very frustrated...I just don't think this game should have been released. I have been gaming now for almost 20 years and this rivals some of the worst experiences I have bad.

We are still having these issues daily we know its not anything on NFO end . Yesterday we had 3 dumps of 32 players in less than a 24 hour period is anyone else still getting this frequency in player dumps? daily? I beleive i have pestered the support department enough and maybe someone has some advice here
ive heard that changing the map rotation can help too/?
any help would be greatly appreciated