Quick questions before hitting the "Check Out" Button

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Quick questions before hitting the "Check Out" Button

Post by b4schu20 »

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a 12 slot, Hyperaccelerated, HL StatsX 1.3, and was wondering what admin was included (if non, which would be a good one to start with) and what kind of plugins can I use for the included (and non included) and where could I find such items?

I have a few servers on my 'favorites' in CS:S from NFO and it's about time I start my own community : ) ... I was just wondering if I am able to turn sv_pure on and off or is it a 'once its on its on'? Would I be able to add 15+ bots for a 'human vs bot match' when I get bored? Can I add plugins for 16k every round, grenades have more damage, rag doll effects etc?
Just wanted to get the ropes before hitting that 'Check Out' button before I get started. It's been a couple years since I have ran a server and was wondering if anything new has come out in terms of cs:s server mods/plugins. Any help is much appreciated!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Quick questions before hitting the "Check Out" Button

Post by kraze »

I am thinking of buying a 12 slot, Hyperaccelerated, HL StatsX 1.3, and was wondering what admin was included (if non, which would be a good one to start with) and what kind of plugins can I use for the included (and non included) and where could I find such items?
Hi,

We offer some autoinstallers via your control panel where you can easily install some of the most popular addons in a click. I would personally start with Sourcemod. You can also find and use any plugin you would like. However I would be careful as some plugins can break your server or cause bad lag.

http://www.sourcemod.net/
http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php
I have a few servers on my 'favorites' in CS:S from NFO and it's about time I start my own community : ) ... I was just wondering if I am able to turn sv_pure on and off or is it a 'once its on its on'? Would I be able to add 15+ bots for a 'human vs bot match' when I get bored? Can I add plugins for 16k every round, grenades have more damage, rag doll effects etc?
You will be able to add any type of plugin you would like. However be careful. As I stated above some plugins can have undesired effects. We only allow the bots that are included with the game itself. However running couple of bots is not big deal.
Just wanted to get the ropes before hitting that 'Check Out' button before I get started. It's been a couple years since I have ran a server and was wondering if anything new has come out in terms of cs:s server mods/plugins. Any help is much appreciated!
We are always here to answer any types of questions. If you have any more the best place to start would be here, then our support system which you can access via your control panel at any time.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

When I add a plugin to Sourcemod, do I need to add anything in my configs or plugins.config or anything? If so, where and what do I put.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It will vary from plugin to plugin. Some plugins will just need you to upload the file to the server. Other will have multiple files and folders which will need to be upload and tweaked.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

Any way I can have someone [privately of course] take a look further in-depth as to what I want on my server and help me out?

Like if I wanted a list of things (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... re4zv.jpg/) would anyone be willing to be patient enough to help me out?? I would offer a gift or two in return for services :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

That is surely a lot of plugins. If those plugins only need the .smx files then all you really need to do is drag and drop it in to your FTP. However like I said some plugins require config files..etc. Some can break your server or not even work at all.

We have good guides on our forums along with a good community/support system which would be more then happy to assist and get you going in the right direction on how to set things up.

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =40&t=3780
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

Is there a reason as to why my server keeps getting shut down? It won't restart/take connections or show up in CS:S after I have stopped and restarted the server through the "Server Control" panel..

this is ridiculous as its the 2nd server in 3 days that I have tried to get working and it keeps shutting itself down. I canceled my first server (started free 2day trial on the 3rd) after it did the same thing: Was playing then changed map and it shut down and won't restart/start up again. Then the same thing on this (2nd) server..

Seriously? ... I left my 1st (free 2 day trial) server sitting dead since it wouldn't restart and gave me this message "This server does not appear to be online. It could be changing maps or it could be completely down." How is it offline and how could it be completely down?

I'll be getting my $ back if this can't be resolved soon!!
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

I opened a thread and got somebody to help me out.. So hopefully it isn't as bad as it seems.. just super frustrated :x
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If your server crashes after you customize it, typically that will indicate a plugin or map problem caused by something that you uploaded/adjusted. We can help you to troubleshoot and find the cause in the support request.

It's very easy to break a game server like this, and something that you could do at any provider. It makes sense that a new server would break in the same way if you customized it in the same ways that you customized your first server.
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

Edge100x wrote:If your server crashes after you customize it, typically that will indicate a plugin or map problem caused by something that you uploaded/adjusted. We can help you to troubleshoot and find the cause in the support request.

It's very easy to break a game server like this, and something that you could do at any provider. It makes sense that a new server would break in the same way if you customized it in the same ways that you customized your first server.

Ever since you actually told me to basically "redo" my plugins.. it works. I think the error logs showed that most of my plugins were incorrectly installed due to said plugins not having .txt's added into translations/gamedata folders... Thanks for your help John. I'll definitely need to be more thorough with my plugins :)

Much appreciation on helping me too John, I thank you!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Another good step to take is install one plugin at a time. Don't install 3..4..5 at once. Then if your server does not start you need to go through all plugins. Install one, test and see if everything checks out.

This should also be duplicated for all custom content. I would also recommend reading the plugins page as people should leave comments about the said plugin and if it performs as desired.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
b4schu20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by b4schu20 »

kraze wrote:Another good step to take is install one plugin at a time. Don't install 3..4..5 at once. Then if your server does not start you need to go through all plugins. Install one, test and see if everything checks out.
-Yah, I deleted all of said plugins from earlier installation and installed them one at a time and have only added about 3 since the server went down. I'm more cautious this time around :roll: hah..
kraze wrote:This should also be duplicated for all custom content. I would also recommend reading the plugins page as people should leave comments about the said plugin and if it performs as desired.
-The plugin pages are always good to read since most people are asking questions or something similar to what I want in said plugin. That's why after I deleted everything, I took everything out and put very little amount of plugins back into my server.

Are there any good plugins for more Admin controls/commands?
&
Are there any good recommendations for fun plugins?

(thanks Edge100x & Kraze for your help along the way 8) )
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

There are a couple floating around for admin tools. However I am unaware of any off the top of my head. As for fun there are definitely some, again not aware of any good ones from the top of my head.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You should also check your logs and see what plugins are failing or having errors.
This will also cause lockup, crashing and lag.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/