Questions for NFO

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Questions for NFO

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Sounds good. Loved using Procon.
Great active community.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
woowoo
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by woowoo »

We're ordered a per slot BF3 server. Since I'm new here I suppose I'm about to ask some very obvious questions.

I'm signed onto the control panel and it only has panels related to the included website. As I don't see any game server related panels - will the game server panels be added to this same area once we get closer to BF3 release?

Is there a tutorial or screen shots on the game server panels available? While I've been managing game servers for quite a while - I don't want to be scrambling on the day BF3 is released trying to get the server configured appropriately.

Thanks.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I'm signed onto the control panel and it only has panels related to the included website. As I don't see any game server related panels - will the game server panels be added to this same area once we get closer to BF3 release?
The game server will be added when the game is released.

Is there a tutorial or screen shots on the game server panels available? While I've been managing game servers for quite a while - I don't want to be scrambling on the day BF3 is released trying to get the server configured appropriately.
There are no tutorials however it is really easy. Once the tab appears in your control panel, you can change settings via the easy set up tab and the file manager tab.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Curious if you will have the ability to create the panels to allow file editing for setup, but prevent ability to start the servers?

Amazon and EA, aw well as a few other companies that are selling digital downloads, have mentioned that the game will be available to download starting on the 21st.
Will that allow server file access as well for configuring?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Curious if you will have the ability to create the panels to allow file editing for setup, but prevent ability to start the servers?
Not sure what you mean by this. We allow sub-users and you can restrict there access.

Amazon and EA, aw well as a few other companies that are selling digital downloads, have mentioned that the game will be available to download starting on the 21st.
Will that allow server file access as well for configuring?
No, That is merely a preload period. Doing this allows EA and other digital download servers to be less busy and not overcrowded when the game is released.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

The first comment was related to the second that you answered.

Wasn't sure since the files were available for download early, if that allowed you for earlier account setup so we could configure our servers before the actual start day.

Guess not.

Like the previous poster, looking to be ready so no issues on the big day.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

EA has not yet told us when we'll be able to offer customers access to servers. It will be up to them on this.

Nobody will be allowed to play the game until the 25th, which is the latest that it could be.