Looking to switch from AOWC to NFO

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Looking to switch from AOWC to NFO

Post by DieselJC »

I am looking to switch from my current server provider Art Of War Central to NFO..have had nothing but issues with AOWC since day one...tech support and general knowledge of the ARMA series game is non-existent...have read reviews about NFO and have seen admins on the ARMA forumns suggest NFO...my questions are what kind of support does NFO offer for ARMA Mods..ACE ACRE etc...also patches..a new patch is out for ARMA2 and OA..whats the time to install patches and add-ons..I am familiar with ftp access etc so loading missions etc wouldnt be an issue for me..also I dont see an actual "combined ops" title for server..but just Operation Arrowhead or ARMA2..is Combined ops availible? Like I said I really need to get a new server provider and am seriously considering NFO..any help/suggestions etc etc would be great to help with my decision..Thanks for your time.

JC

Also I see their is a 20% off deal..does that apply each month or just the first month? and would this apply to me as I will be switching from AOWC?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Looking to switch from AOWC to NFO

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I believe the deal applies to moving from any company.

And updates are extremely fast here as well as the support.
You won't be disappointed with the switch.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

All of our Arma2 servers already have the latest updates, so that won't be a problem. Mod install is left up to the renter, but there is FTP access and access to set any startup flags you need. Running as a combined ops server is also just a matter of what flags you set.

The 20% off would apply to you as long as you follow the directions on our front page. The discount stays locked in for as long as you keep the server in the same configuration (such as keeping the number of slots the same).
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For CO, you'd need to order an ArmA2:OA server. Once it is set up, you'll be able to switch to CO by using the "Server control" page in the control panel to edit the command line (we give the string needed on that page).

This is a fairly uncommon game type, but we support it as best we can.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Diesel make the switch. The only regret you would have is not making the switch a long time ago :)
HarryNutz
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by HarryNutz »

FAST wrote:Diesel make the switch. The only regret you would have is not making the switch a long time ago :)
True that.
DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DieselJC »

Thanks for the replies..definetly wont get this positive reaction at AOWC....had my server their for 3 months and have only been able to actually be in it and play and have it work about 60% of the time..very frustrating.

I did see Combined Ops listed as an option to rent....should I order that or an ArmA2:OA server and switch like mentioned in the Control panel?

Actually trying to get a small clan together and having a server that doesnt work half the time isnt helping..lol

I will be talking to my partner today and giving him some info..dont see why we wont switch asap...Thanks again for the positive replies and encouragement!

JC
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

DieselJC wrote:I did see Combined Ops listed as an option to rent....should I order that or an ArmA2:OA server and switch like mentioned in the Control panel?
They both come out as ArmA2:OA, so either one works :)
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Being a previous customer of AoW, I to had many issues.
Consistent lag, crashing, etc with a AA3 server.
Slow response to support and little game support knowledge.

Total opposite of what you will find here.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DieselJC »

I went ahead and ordered the server... :o

Thanks for the replies and words of praise for NFO...but..yeah..theirs always a "but"
I do have one question: I see the server in the ARMA game lobby but it says "new server" where do I put the actual server name I want it to have show in the lobby?
I have been looking at the control panel and dont see the option anywhere..altho I may have missed it..it is afterall 9am and I have been up all nite :?

Thanks!
JC
DieselJC
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by DieselJC »

Errrrr..nevermind..found the cfg file and got things sorted... :oops:

JC