Considering moving to HLSTATSX:CE

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
untamed316
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Considering moving to HLSTATSX:CE

Post by untamed316 »

Edge, is there a 1.6.17 version of the Sourcemod plugin for this? The autoinstaller is at 1.6.15. I am having some issues since I moved to 1.6.17 a few days ago and was wondering if this may be a reason for thm.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

There should be -- it should be included in the HLStatsX installation, in one of the folders as an extra.
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

HLX:CE all the way. You just have to know what you're doing if you're setting it up on a VDS/machine. I've never seen such a great creation in my life, to be frank.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

We have been using hx:ce for our stats needs, while it is very customizable, it has a lot of db load and disk activity. I have never used gameme before, but hlx:ce ends up needing a lot of hardware when you get up there in servers tracked, to the point where gameme would probably be cheaper.

We currently have around 20 servers tracked, on 12 daemons(stats back-ends), and any high network activity slows it down. We have a multi-use dedicated server for a bunch of our community back-ends(backups/fastdl/stats/some small game servers) on win 2k8 and when we hit 200+Mbit upload the stats can become unresponsive in-game.

We have had some problems with crashed tables and stuff, I don't know if gameme has those problems.

By the time you reach ~20 servers, you will need at least a 2 core vds with a recent cpu to be smooth.(we have 2 xeon L5420's on our dedi). Our mysql uses around 870MB with just hlstats on it.

I do like the web interface of hlx:ce better though, for the most part.

Sorry for the rant :P
Not a NFO employee