Internap problems

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
ChefBoyerD
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Internap problems

Post by ChefBoyerD »

Has the internap line been having some problems today? Our server and our friends servers are usually in the low teens. Today our server has been 40-75 for us and we all were getting loss and choke. First time ever that we have had some sort of problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The line hasn't had problems, but if you email us we can check out your individual server machine to see if it's been having difficulties. Did you already go through the Lag FAQ?
ChefBoyerD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ChefBoyerD »

yeah it's wasn't just me having problems it was everyone experiencing it. This morning its fine my ping is 12-15 again. All of us are from the Tacoma- Seattle area. We all ping in the low teens. Just the last 2 days during what I think would be peak time (6pm to 9pm) all our local guys had pings 45-70 and my loss myself was 10-20 and choke would rocket up at beginning of rounds. Probably from the earthquake!
ChefBoyerD
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ChefBoyerD »

WoW I need to do a preview with spellcheck.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Earthquake? Dang, I missed an earthquake? I miss Seattle :(

If you could email us we can check out your machine to see if its CPU usage was high.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

The earthquake was in Cali today, around noon sometime. Our server is a0a.nuclearfallout.net and I have also had a few spikes here and there myself. I am located in Central Oregon so it could be part of my routing with my ISP but I do know that my ISP has centralized offices in Seattle for our bandwidth provider. Who knows, but for the most part the server speed is great. Most of my lag problems stem to my file system being fragmented all to hell.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Hmm, well I can move servers to new machines if necessary to reduce CPU usage. I'm not seeing any broad problems at any of our locations but given a specific server I could look into it further.
metro
Staff
Staff

Post by metro »

oh, just so there is no confusion... the server i am referring to is the same one that chef was referring to. we are in the same clan.