Decay System on NFO Dedicated

Samsonite
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Decay System on NFO Dedicated

Post by Samsonite »

The game has a specific decay variable which allows unused structures to deteriorate and otherwise not clog up the finite entity count to the point where the server is unplayable until a map wipe is required. The decay system timers are applicable to different building tiers as far as the required time before a structure decays. They are as follows:

Code: Select all

- Twigs
- 6 Hour Delay
- 6 Hour Duration
- Wood
- 12 Hour Delay
- 24 Hour Duration
- Stone
- 12 Hour Delay
- 48 Hour Duration
- Sheet Metal
- 12 Hour Delay
- 72 Hour Duration
- Armored
- 24 hour Delay
- 120 hour Duration

From multiple individuals who rent a managed Rust server from NFO, they have informed me the decay system is working properly on their servers. As a control, I've copied my entire server setup to my home PC to see if possibly a plugin or another command variable was preventing decay from ever working. Unfortunately that was not the issue as decay began working after the aforementioned timer delays had elapsed.

I'm just looking for some insight as to why this is occurring and if it can or cannot be solved on my dedicated server.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Decay System on NFO Dedicated

Post by kraze »

That's definitely very odd, as I can't think of anything on our end that would prevent decay from working. To clarify, did those users say decay was working properly, was not working properly? If they said it was it's likely that you're seeing some type of compatibility/configuration issue somewhere.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Is your server unmanaged?

I had one customer say once that it didn't work properly for him on a Windows 2012 R2 machine, but it wasn't clear if the OS was really the problem. I haven't seen problems on our internal Windows 2008 R2 installs.
Samsonite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Samsonite »

Currently am running Windows 2k8R2 on an NYC 1271v3 dedicated. I'm not sure what configuration could be conflicted that would be preventing decay. Besides disabling BFE on the dedicated, nothing has been altered.

Running the servers in firedaemon as windows services. In batchmode, decay still does not work. I would venture to guess that it's related to windows time service but it indicates that it is running.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Have you tested with a completely fresh install of the Rust server with zero modifications to see if the issue persist?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Samsonite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Samsonite »

I will attempt that and report back.
Samsonite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Samsonite »

Still decay does not exist on a vanilla server. I decided to not run this one within firedaemon and ran it in batchmode.
lozonr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lozonr »

Hello there, I am the owner/coder of a gaming community that has/runs many servers including rust on NFO's awesome services. If you'd like I can help you get the no decay working as we had the same issues with our server at start up, we now run oxide for our no decay system and it works great!

Here is the link to the oxide mod if you want to attempt it:)

http://oxidemod.org/
If you need help coding let me know :D
Samsonite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Samsonite »

I use oxide the thing is, I WANT decay to work. Disabling decay can be done with convar, but I haven't been able to decay to start working properly.